• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Imagine if we invested in offense what we did in defense

Snake

3 hours ago, Snake said:

Imo this is why a defensive minded run first coaches are a dying breed. Me personally I use to love to watch a DE obliterate a QB but that's no more and a defense in the NFL today is more of a prevention unit than a dominant force. 

With that said if we took the reverse approach and drafted mostly offense I think this team would have been more bearable. Putting a priority on QB and OL this team with Brady would have put up numbers in the 30s. Yes we would have gotten out scored and out coached but there is something more bearable in losing 30 to 40 than losing 7-40.

Rhule said today he ‘went that direction because when Rivera left everyone on the line moved on as well’ so he was ‘trying to field a team’

The difference?

Joe Brady wasn't a Rhule guy, no investment and the guy is fired.

Phil Snow is absolutely 1000% a Rhule guy, lots of investment to force the defense into showing improvements (because of talent) means his job is safe.

Fatt Mhule is garbage

Edited by TheProcess

They technically have, this POS salad is what we got.

They brought in basically everyone minus CMC, Moton, & DJ Moore.

Just drafted 2 WRs, 2 OL, 1 TE, 1 RB

Signed Arnold, Erving, Elflein, Doubled down on CMC, Robbie, Darnold (who accounted for a 2nd, 4th and 6th)

That’s 9 draft picks worth and a lot of decently priced contracts. They’re just really bad or oft injured players.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Yep and built the #2 defense in short order.  This is a bad thing?  Jeez

You believe that was the #2 defense? We got gashed up and down the field. Even by the Giants and the Dolphins. Keep dreaming I guess.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

I really like our defense.  There I said it.  Two pieces from completion.   Free safety and MLB.  Carter, Luvu and Shaq are solid but adding a young field general in the middle is "chefs kiss".  Then adding a safety with coverage skills to go with Chinn who is extremely talented at finding the ball in run situations and has blitzing capabilities is part of fielding the top defense we are capable of being.   Sorry tangent.  To the point of post yes we need to spend draft capitol and free agency monies on offense.  The offense is more like seven pieces away.  Center, Left tackle, two guards, tight end, running back and quarterback.  I think BC, tremble, Elflien and a healthy CMC can only help the situation.  CMC and Tremble need running partners to share the load.  BC and Elflein just need a shot at a position till we can find a upgrade or someone younger.  If BC and Pat can fill two of those spots then it leaves only five spots.  Still reading? Here's a top 10 mock draft. 

1. Jags ~ Evan Neal, Bama LT

2. Lions ~ Aiden Hutchinson, Michigan DE

3. Texans ~ Kayvon, Oregon DE

4. Jets ~ Kyle Hamilton, ND Safety

5. Giants ~ Ikem, NC St OL

6. Panthers ~ Cross, Miss St OL

7. Giants ~ Linderbaum, Iowa OL

8. Falcons ~ Strong, Nevada QB

9. Broncos ~ Pickett, Pitt QB

10. Jets ~ Stingley, LSU CB

This is the QB crazy draft. This is actually what we hope the steelers, browns and Vikings think is gonna happen so they trade up.  Fun lil extra where the qb's land  in this scenario 

11. Redskins ~ Howell UNC QB

18. Saints ~ Willis Liberty QB 

I'd rather wait on a QB till next year.  Weak class is a misnomer cause these kids can play but the caveat is they need to be put in the right situation. We are not it right now till we invest in the offense better.  

15 hours ago, davos said:

They technically have, this POS salad is what we got.

They brought in basically everyone minus CMC, Moton, & DJ Moore.

Just drafted 2 WRs, 2 OL, 1 TE, 1 RB

Signed Arnold, Erving, Elflein, Doubled down on CMC, Robbie, Darnold (who accounted for a 2nd, 4th and 6th)

That’s 9 draft picks worth and a lot of decently priced contracts. They’re just really bad or oft injured players.

They stop gapped most of the offensive line and the QB position. The only decent players on offense that was brought in by Rhule is Anderson who had a crap year. All our 1st round picks however have been spent on defense. While might I add we haven't drafted a offensive talent first round since DJ Moore in 2018.