• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule keeps making the Panthers worse and worse

Ricky Spanish

hmmm............a hedge fund manager like Tepper is a person who has to speculate and go against the crowd/market forces when they think they are right to ride the wave before anyone and then jump off before it collapses........

Imagine if Tepper carries that attitude with this franchise............

It cold be a long dark Rhule era.............

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

hmmm............a hedge fund manager like Tepper is a person who has to speculate and go against the crowd/market forces when they think they are right to ride the wave before anyone and then jump off before it collapses........

Imagine if Tepper carries that attitude with this franchise............

It cold be a long dark Rhule era.............

I'm genuinely hoping Tepper isn't dumb enough to think hedge fund policies can help show you how to run a football team.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

It’s become apparent that this entire exercise is no longer about winning football games for the Carolina braintrust, it’s about saving face. Rhule is desperately hoping something will click, and until then he’s willing to throw anyone under the bus to keep his head above water.

This is what stuck out to me because it rings so true.  There was a press conference after a game where we lost and Rhule was talking about the culture.  About how the hope is, we keep bringing in these guys who fit the culture and it’ll eventually all come together.  The hope is that it all comes together… that’s when I realized Rhule is lost without any clue of what he’s doing.  Glad the national media is starting to pile on.  

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I grew up a St. Louis Cardinals fan in football.  Trust me, I can relate.  Growing up in St. Louis, I am also a Blues fan.  Sure, we won the Cup in 2019, and I still savor that.  But it took 50 years of my life to get to feel that.

I grew up in Ohio, huge Browns fan. Had to deal with “The Drive” and “The Fumble”. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

I grew up in Ohio, huge Browns fan. Had to deal with “The Drive” and “The Fumble”. 

That is more misery than anybody should have to endure. 

The Cardinals made the playoffs three times in the 28 or so seasons they were in St. Louis.  They had the decency to be blown out of the last two by halftime and the first by the end of the 3rd.  They didn't break any hearts, they just frustrated the bejeezuz out of us.

I remember The Drive and then The Fumble.  I also remember Sipe's end zone interception against Oakland in the playoffs on a frigid day in January 1981.

Oh well, that which does not kill us........causes us to drink.

• Beer 1

46 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

My favorite browns game is “bottlegate”.

Against the Jags, I think?

Refs jobbed the Browns, fans freaked, started throwing poo.  Refs called the game and left.

Best afternoon of football I’ve watched.