• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Texans fire Culley

Mr. Scot

11 minutes ago, Basbear said:

100% this is for brian flores, I bet hes already agreed to a deal, now making calls for his staff. Plus they could keep Pep as OC, heard a report about that. But this is for Flores, its got to be.

I think so, too.  Watson made it clear Flores was one of the few guys he would play for.  It’s interesting though since Davis Mills looked better and better as the season went on.  

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Another bad firing. Culley had that team competitive with a rookie QB and a garbage roster that was gutted by the previous regime. Totally nuts to fire a guy like that. There's tons of bad decisions happening across the NFL. Sad to say the Panthers not firing Matt Rhule is another one.

You are 100% right here on all of these statements!

Culley had that team fighting and competitive by the last half of the year. And yes it is nuts. And there are tons of bad decisions going on in the NFL and it is sad that we may keep Rhule.

I'd take Culley over him in a heart beat. 

Just now, PandaMan said:

I think so, too.  Watson made it clear Flores was one of the few guys he would play for.  It’s interesting though since Davis Mills looked better and better as the season went on.  

Davis Mills would be the 1st QB taken in this draft, said that months ago. I didnt even think of the Watson angle, I also forgot hes alive. Flores is the guy, confused why phins fired him?......he yelled at Tua, so?!?!? Good coaches are hard to find and Flores is just that. Did people forget the mess he took on? or his GM drafting worse than Marty Meatballs....and he still won?? insane...

27 minutes ago, Basbear said:

100% this is for brian flores, I bet hes already agreed to a deal, now making calls for his staff. Plus they could keep Pep as OC, heard a report about that. But this is for Flores, its got to be.

It'd make an awful lot of sense.

Hamilton might officially still be under contract (hard to say) but the team did announce that they've fired OC Tim Kelly.

42 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

Texans ownership potentially set up Watson on the "sexual assault" matters. Why would he ever play for them again regardless of who they hire as their HC? 

Just now, Smittymoose said:

Texans ownership potentially set up Watson on the "sexual assault" matters. Why would he ever play for them again regardless of who they hire as their HC? 

I don’t think he was set up for anything, I think he’s a sexual predator who has no criminal charges brought against him and will definitely play again at some point.  Watson’s big issues were that he had no input into a new coach, or really any input at all.  Caserio seems like a control freak so I doubt that has changed.  I’m mostly just spitballing because the timing of this is so strange, and the unexpected Flores firing lines up with what we already know about Watson.  Plus Flores’ ties to Caserio already