• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This HC Rhule guy is just downright embarrassing

saX man

Just now, WOW!! said:

Oline should have been a Priority ... Yes we got that.. But so was Secondary.. Especially when last year we couldn't stop any passing team.. 

Ppl keep playing the hindsight 20/20 game now when their opinion wasn't the same before.. Draft night this board was happy about the Horn pick and only ppl who wanted Fields made their opinion known..

Ppl were just as mad about giving up 3rd and anything last season as they did with the blocking situation..

And reality check almost nobody questioned Horn being a shut down Cb.. You had most analysts calling him Jaylen Ramsey 2.0...

Last he could have lied and said thrown his scouting department and Fitt under the bus.. But he didn't.. He didn't trash Slater all he did was told the truth about what they were thinking 9 months ago.. They didn't have the necromancer ability to see that Slater would be a pro bowler.. How can you blame them for going with the higher rated player at a position if need?? That's what you want your team to do when drafting.. Instead of drafting a lower rated player based on perceived higher need..

I recall much of the board and prognosticators (even reliable ones) strictly projecting OL and QB to us. CB was nonexistent until maybe 2 weeks leading up to the draft where people got wind we loved both Horn and Surtain.

It’s a bit of a stretch to say people were happy about the Horn pick. Many mocks had Slater or Fields. The bigger argument was if Slater was on the same tier as Sewell as many claimed Sewell was some generational prospect. People accepted Horn around what you spoke to of him being so high; I mean he was the first defender off the entire draft board. Took me a while to stomach. It’s always a balance of need v bpa. It just weighed a bit more on the bpa side. 

I do agree the general consensus was high on Brown.

Respect playing devils advocate midst the poo throwing but it’s there for a reason. 

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, Monrowed said:

Here is what he said,

“Yeah, that was a really harder decision. You know like, Rashawn had not played the prior year…um, he wasn’t ideal tackle size… there was a lotta questions of whether he was a guard…same thing with like Alijah Vera-Tucker… so it was really like, “Hey are you going to take a guy that was kind of like a guard at this number(draft position)?” You  know I think with Rashawn, I had a chance to go back and watch cause he is playing out with the Chargers with a really mobile quarterback….”

However, if you go back and listen to it you would know that right before that statement and after being prompted about Slater, he said that if he had to do it again he would take Jaycee each time as he believes  that Jaycee is going to be a star player and pro bowler.

Not once did he say that he did not like Slater.

You and WOW! need to stop telling me what he said. I heard it for myself and have made my own response to it based on what I heard with my own 2 ears

He slighted Slater but tried to clean it up in the same breath whether you and WOW want to accept it or not. Rhule has been getting clowned all day for it because Rhule lacks the self awareness that he talks too much and he’s a BS artist 

16 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Oline should have been a Priority ... Yes we got that.. But so was Secondary.. Especially when last year we couldn't stop any passing team.. 

Ppl keep playing the hindsight 20/20 game now when their opinion wasn't the same before.. Draft night this board was happy about the Horn pick and only ppl who wanted Fields made their opinion known..

Ppl were just as mad about giving up 3rd and anything last season as they did with the blocking situation..

And reality check almost nobody questioned Horn being a shut down Cb.. You had most analysts calling him Jaylen Ramsey 2.0...

Last he could have lied and said thrown his scouting department and Fitt under the bus.. But he didn't.. He didn't trash Slater all he did was told the truth about what they were thinking 9 months ago.. They didn't have the necromancer ability to see that Slater would be a pro bowler.. How can you blame them for going with the higher rated player at a position if need?? That's what you want your team to do when drafting.. Instead of drafting a lower rated player based on perceived higher need..

You're assuming that Horn was the higher rated player. I assure you, he may have been rated higher on our board, but not across the board. Slater was probably ranked higher on most big boards (and that was for a reason). 

When we skipped over Fields, I thought we were going to trade down or pick Slater. Horn wasn't even the highest rated corner on probably most boards. 

Some of us have been pleading to get an OT for years. It's cool though. We missed out on what looks like a great one. As a Panthers fan, it's just par for the course. I think it's pretty much accepted as to which one has more positional value. We missed out because of Rhule's cookie cutter thinking.

18 minutes ago, davos said:

I recall much of the board and prognosticators (even reliable ones) strictly projecting OL and QB to us. CB was nonexistent until maybe 2 weeks leading up to the draft where people got wind we loved both Horn and Surtain.

It’s a bit of a stretch to say people were happy about the Horn pick. Many mocks had Slater or Fields. The bigger argument was if Slater was on the same tier as Sewell as many claimed Sewell was some generational prospect. People accepted Horn around what you spoke to of him being so high; I mean he was the first defender off the entire draft board. Took me a while to stomach. It’s always a balance of need v bpa. It just weighed a bit more on the bpa side. 

I do agree the general consensus was high on Brown.

Respect playing devils advocate midst the poo throwing but it’s there for a reason. 

The board ?? Really that what we're going with?? I'm talking about after it had been reported by most Panthers beat writers that it was down to Sewell or one of the CB..

It's not a stretch at all if somebody post the 1st round draft pick thread.. It wasn't alot of ppl crying or pissed about the Jaycee Horn pick.. And the ppl who were the most vocal and iffy about the pick were Fields ppl..

You keep saying need vs BPA.. What was  our starting Secondary before that pick..

Djax, Bouye (missing 1st part of the season) Melvin and Troy Pride?? 

Really CB wasn't a need at that time??

17 minutes ago, Rubi said:

You and WOW! need to stop telling me what he said. I heard it for myself and have made my own response to it based on what I heard with my own 2 ears

He slighted Slater but tried to clean it up in the same breath whether you and WOW want to accept it or not. Rhule has been getting clowned all day for it because Rhule lacks the self awareness that he talks too much and he’s a BS artist 

What I posted was a direct quote…

https://wfnz.com/category/wfnz-podcasts/the-mac-attack-podcast/

Play from 8:55-9:35

12 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You're assuming that Horn was the higher rated player. I assure you, he may have been rated higher on our board, but not across the board. Slater was probably ranked higher on most big boards (and that was for a reason). 

When we skipped over Fields, I thought we were going to trade down or pick Slater. Horn wasn't even the highest rated corner on probably most boards. 

Some of us have been pleading to get an OT for years. It's cool though. We missed out on what looks like a great one. As a Panthers fan, it's just par for the course. I think it's pretty much accepted as to which one has more positional value. We missed out because of Rhule's cookie cutter thinking.

He and Surtain were rated top 12 players in that draft by most of not all sites.. Slater was mocked to go between 10 and 15.. The Cowboys were trying to trade up to get 1 of the Cb's..

Alot of us wanted Olinemen since 2015.. I got that and it hasn't been addressed.. But I'm not going to go back on what I thought before the draft just because it didn't plan out like I thought.. Or fake like I had a different opinion.. I thought Oline and CB were high priority and had more questions about Slater then i did horn.. That iui s the truth .

24 minutes ago, Rubi said:

Cool I'm glad you've decided to be a dishonest motherfuger and make poo up..

Cool..