• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB prospect tweets

AU-panther

I think we are going to trade back--there will be QB movement by then.  If we trade back, we are going to know one of the players on our board will fall.

I think you could see Pickett and maybe another QB like Corral go top 6 or so.  Pass rushers will go fast (3).  We could (theoretically) have 4 top OL when we pick--and if we are OK with any of the 4, move back if you can. 

On 1/14/2022 at 7:54 AM, MHS831 said:

I watched these throws--all incomplete--but noticed the quick releases of Willis and Zappe.  Zappe hardly steps into the throw and it travels 60 yards--I think he could throw it farther.  Intrigued.

Zappe is the one chance I would take and he would likely be there in the 4th round.  I've watch a little bit on him, but he strike's me as a poor man's Drew Brees coming out of college.  Brees was a 2nd rounder if I remember correctly.  Same as Zappe, lack of size and perceived limited athleticism are the biggest knocks.  It certainly isn't based on production, because the production is there albeit at a smaller school.

20 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Zappe is the one chance I would take and he would likely be there in the 4th round.  I've watch a little bit on him, but he strike's me as a poor man's Drew Brees coming out of college.  Brees was a 2nd rounder if I remember correctly.  Same as Zappe, lack of size and perceived limited athleticism are the biggest knocks.  It certainly isn't based on production, because the production is there albeit at a smaller school.

Brugler really likes him.  Smart smart smart qb though lacks the strength to push the ball. 

On 1/15/2022 at 6:57 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think you trade down if you're targeting a specific prospect. I think you trade down when there are multiple prospects you have valued equally and you feel certain one will be available where you're trading down to. Either that or you simply thing there's no great value at your draft spot and you feel you'll ultimately get better all value by trading down for additional picks or future picks. This crew ain't gonna be trading for future assets though. They'll be trading the future assets.

I know you have watched all of Howell's games so I'll copy you on this.

If you read the mock draft I posted earlier the author states that Howell had more big time throws over the last 3 years than any QB in the draft.

I'm thinking the media has maybe pushed Howell down the boards more than the teams.  I won't surprise me at all if he doesn't go higher than a lot of fans think.

I know its probably hard for you to be totally objective but do you really think there is a chance he falls to later in the first round.

4 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I know you have watched all of Howell's games so I'll copy you on this.

If you read the mock draft I posted earlier the author states that Howell had more big time throws over the last 3 years than any QB in the draft.

I'm thinking the media has maybe pushed Howell down the boards more than the teams.  I won't surprise me at all if he doesn't go higher than a lot of fans think.

I know its probably hard for you to be totally objective but do you really think there is a chance he falls to later in the first round.

He's got it. The arm. The ability to buy time and scramble if necessary. The ability to make tough throws. The ability to deal with pressure. Clutch ability.

People are falling into recency bias because UNC had a disappointing season but it wasn't because of Howell. Watch the player, not the team. I'm not a guy who hypes everyone from my team. I told everyone last year that Dyami Brown's draft hype was unwarranted because he was basically Ted Ginn Jr.

Howell is seen as basically a poor man’s Baker Mayfield. I don’t get the “poor man” part. He looks almost identical out there playing. Baker is mediocre. Sam imo will be too. I’m a huge NCSU (and Leary fan) but I didn’t watch a QB in the ACC (including Pickett) that would grade as a 1st round pick in any of the last 10 years.