Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

QB prospect tweets


AU-panther
 Share

Recommended Posts

Not looking to get into the QB vs OL debate, but I think at the very least there will be some people around here with some interest in this year's QB class.  We all can easily find the basic stats such as completion percentage, yards, and TDs, but during the draft season there will be plenty of other stats and tidbits about these guys, usually in the form of tweets.

I'll try to keep what I find in this one thread.  Feel free to add to it, it might help people form an opinion one way or the other about these guys.

I'll start it off with a longest throw comparison I saw on Twitter.  These aren't necessarily the longest throws they can make, but instead the longest throws they attempted this past season.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I watched these throws--all incomplete--but noticed the quick releases of Willis and Zappe.  Zappe hardly steps into the throw and it travels 60 yards--I think he could throw it farther.  Intrigued.

Willis has all the tools, just needs developing. Our staff can’t develop poo so I hope we don’t draft him and ruin him. If we go QB, we need a strong OC and a QB that pretty “pro ready” IMO. Zappe is interesting, wish we had our 2nd rounder which is almost a late first….

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Keep an eye on carson strong this offseason. I think he's going to move up boards. 

Also wouldn't be surprised to see Howell creep back up as well. I can see us trading back, grabbing another 1st round pick or 2nd round pick and trying to grab one of the QBs that are still on the board. 

If our plan was to trade back and try and get one of these qb's then why would we risk moving off six and letting another team pick them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If our plan was to trade back and try and get one of these qb's then why would we risk moving off six and letting another team pick them?

It depends on how much of a drop off we see between them. If prospect 1 is close to the 5/6th option then we could trade down several spots if another team in high on one prospect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

It depends on how much of a drop off we see between them. If prospect 1 is close to the 5/6th option then we could trade down several spots if another team in high on one prospect.

For starters this "plan" seems like a long shot that we would actually build for it and execute it.   To my memory I cannot think of another team trying this.    I just dont see us risking trading "several" spots down and gambling on the team you trading with taking someone other then the qb you like.  That just seems like a plan that can go sideways immediately.  It just doesnt seem smart to do just to try and recoup a draft pick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

For starters this "plan" seems like a long shot that we would actually build for it and execute it.   To my memory I cannot think of another team trying this.    I just dont see us risking trading "several" spots down and gambling on the team you trading with taking someone other then the qb you like.  That just seems like a plan that can go sideways immediately.  It just doesnt seem smart to do just to try and recoup a draft pick

It’s just a scenario, I doubt it happens. If there is still a lot of talent at the position we are looking to draft we could try to trade down. I agree with what you are saying though. If we think (for example) Corral is a future star, we should just take him at 6 and not get cute. All I know is Rhule is more than likely going to mess it up…

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think you trade down if you're targeting a specific prospect. I think you trade down when there are multiple prospects you have valued equally and you feel certain one will be available where you're trading down to. Either that or you simply thing there's no great value at your draft spot and you feel you'll ultimately get better all value by trading down for additional picks or future picks. This crew ain't gonna be trading for future assets though. They'll be trading the future assets.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

All I know is Rhule is more than likely going to mess it up…

I think this is universally agreed upon.   We will no doubt try and get cute this draft and fug things up.   The only way they don’t fug it up is if they just bite the bullet and take the best lineman available at 6.   

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think this is universally agreed upon.   We will no doubt try and get cute this draft and fug things up.   The only way they don’t fug it up is if they just bite the bullet and take the best lineman available at 6.   

The best lineman will probably have arms an inch too short for Rhule's flawless analytics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think this is universally agreed upon.   We will no doubt try and get cute this draft and fug things up.   The only way they don’t fug it up is if they just bite the bullet and take the best lineman available at 6.   

I’m leaning towards him taking a OL at 6. It’s the least likely thing for him to ruin. Just do that and sign a Mitch or Mariotta to compete with Darnold. I hope Tepper has told him he can’t trade away future picks…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...