• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This chart shows how bad the Panthers' future is (WARNING: WILL MAKE YOU WANT TO ROPE)

9 hours ago, Evil Hurney said:

That x-axis seems kinda dumb unless you think a 2nd and 3rd round pick are worth ~$80M in cap space.

According to this chart the Saints are considered to have more "resources" when in reality the difference between the Panthers and Saints is one team having a 2nd and 3rd round pick as well as ~$80M less cap space.

And we get a bunch of cap space after this year. Backload a couple of contracts, draft nothing but online this year, and the future starts looking better.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, chknwing said:

I full faith in Thumbo that he will get this all straighten out.  

i googled thumbo

SHAKY CAM SHAKY CAM

You guys really should randomly google poo

Man'll be platinum afore you know it

Edited by Fox007

1 hour ago, cookinbrak said:

And we get a bunch of cap space after this year. Backload a couple of contracts, draft nothing but online this year, and the future starts looking better.

Great to see see someone on the Huddle have a positive take and outlook. This place is getting down right depressing to view.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

A single trade down and a couple contract restructures/cuts and we move upward right. the data doesn’t support future state, it only supports current state.

Current state does enable same offseason future state flexibility tho. We can recover some ground but the point is how far below other teams in our same wins situation we are.  Even the scenario you describe doesn't move us very far probably because I suspect it's weighting our first rounder based on where it is, and that is the kind of move other teams could make too.

I don't think this is a figure that says "be pessimistic about 2022 no matter what," but it does suggest what we already know just from limited cap space and missing our 2nd and 3rd rounders because we traded for rehab projects.  Oh well.

3 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

I agree 2023 looks brighter than 2022 right now.  But we have to hope Rhule and Fitt are being handicapped on what future assets they can trade, or the future gets a lot dimmer.

5 hours ago, Jesse said:

And this is precisely why I don’t think Rhule was canned this year. We’re not going to attract any decent coach with that outlook. 

I’ll keep repeating this… 

Do you think allowing Rhule to stay another season will in any way make the team more attractive NEXT year?  Do you think Rhule is just going to idly sit on his hands and allow future resources he can use NOW to remain untouched?  Or do you think he’ll use whatever resources he can, present and future, to try to save his own fat neck?

Edited by tiger7_88

15 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I’ll keep repeating this… 

Do you think allowing Rhule to stay another season will in any way make the team more attractive NEXT year?  Do you think Rhule is just going to idly sit on his hands and allow future resources he can use NOW to remain untouched?  Or do you think he’ll use whatever resources he can, present and future, to try to save his own fat neck?

This is the worst part about keeping him. I can take another losing season, but, with no reward in the draft, we're screwed.

• Pie 1