• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule staying, the silver lining

onmyown

Pre-Rhule, our cap was setup to be great going into this off-season. Our draft is gutted because of trades made under Rhule. I expect more of the same. Dumb contracts handed out to third tier vets that we over pay out of desperation and more desperate trading of future draft assets for bandaid solutions. If anything, it'll be even worse as these guys feel more pressure to win now to save their jobs. Darker days are ahead I'm afraid.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

We have a bad QB, a bad o-line, and terrible coordinators who get outsmarted on Sundays. Our defense underachieves and will easily surrender 30 something points against good teams, which might as well be 100 points with our offense. The upcoming draft will likely only yield one new starter on a team that needs multiple impact players just to move up to being competitive. We won't be able to do much in free agency, and the players we do need are known to be hard to find even with plenty of cap space.

The way this team has been built is ass backwards. The outrageous amount of draft capital spent on our defense is a complete disaster considering our offense. The problem is compounded by the fact that our o-line coach was totally unable to teach our o-line much of anything, he's been fired but it took too long.

The hardest things to find in the NFL are QBs and LTs. We need both. There isn't even a good QB prospect in the upcoming draft, so we're years away from even drafting a rookie. If we bring in another free agent QB then Rhule will be fired at the end of next season imo. 18,000,000 for Sam to be shown the door on the heels of Bridgewater would be curtains for Rhule.

The Panthers have made so many mistakes that I don't know where to start. I guess take a LT with the 6th pick and go from there. Try and keep building toward a winner in 2024, and until then it's pretty much over.

Edited by pantherj
  • Pie 2

5 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

You’re not wrong, it’s just that nobody wants to hear any of it.

yep..

Last year, like many, I was on the fence and honestly didn't know if we were going to be good-decent-or awful.. I don't think the team knew either and we all were looking at the moves we were making with rose colored glasses..

now that we know its all gone to sh*t - we can start the process of digging out of it.. even with this clown as our HC.. start the process of shedding bad $$ and obtaining draft stock and gathering real assets.. we just gonna throw a year away to right the ship..

I, for one, and happy to know i dont have to worry about this team for an entire season.. giving me back my sanity

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

... even with this clown as our HC.. start the process of shedding bad $$ and obtaining draft stock and gathering real assets.. we just gonna throw a year away to right the ship..

I've seen several posts mentioning this.  It is far from certain that the Panthers will end up with more draft capitol and/or cap space after a third year of Matt Rhule's mismanagement.

Matt could easily pull a Marty Hurney and spend this team into cap hell while trading away our future draft capital all in an attempt to save his job.

TL/DR:  Storm clouds are on the horizon.  Given another year, Matt Rhule could easily leave the Panthers in a much worse situation than they are today.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 4

Matt Rhule is entering the desperation window.  Where his decisions won’t be about the long term….but about the short term and saving face. 

another reason why I want him fired.   We know he isn’t the answer.  Now we are going to let him do some really dumb stuff as he hopes to prove he isn’t a joke.  

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

26 minutes ago, CRA said:

Matt Rhule is entering the desperation window.  Where his decisions won’t be about the long term….but about the short term and saving face. 

another reason why I want him fired.   We know he isn’t the answer.  Now we are going to let him do some really dumb stuff as he hopes to prove he isn’t a joke.  

Yup, I dunno after that radio interview yesterday anyone would expect him to not screw things up any worse. I'd rather Fitt just get a one year trial guy that has to work with what the GM gives him in FA and draft this year. At least we'd be able to find out if it's Fitt or Rhule screwing up on these trades. There are competent coaches out there that would like to make $5m or whatever for one year of a trial HC job, that get the excuse that they had zero roster control and just coached what was handed to them

49 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

So what we've been doing isn't this?

tears.. 

yeah - obviously looking back we were pissing away the year - but its about the mindset.. we were operating for half a year that we were playoff contenders.. we obviously were one of the bottom 3 teams.. now we hand no hope for playoffs and can operate honestly..

true that Rhule could make moves to put us in an even deeper hole.. hopefully Fitts has the true control and makes moves for the future - not the 2022 season

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Pre-Rhule, our cap was setup to be great going into this off-season. Our draft is gutted because of trades made under Rhule. I expect more of the same. Dumb contracts handed out to third tier vets that we over pay out of desperation and more desperate trading of future draft assets for bandaid solutions. If anything, it'll be even worse as these guys feel more pressure to win now to save their jobs. Darker days are ahead I'm afraid.

43 minutes ago, CRA said:

I hope Tepper has given Fitt veto power on any of Rhule’s decisions.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I've seen several posts mentioning this.  It is far from certain that the Panthers will end up with more draft capitol and/or cap space after a third year of Matt Rhule's mismanagement.

Matt could easily pull a Marty Hurney and spend this team into cap hell while trading away our future draft capital all in an attempt to save his job.

TL/DR:  Storm clouds are on the horizon.  Given another year, Matt Rhule could easily leave the Panthers in a much worse situation than they are today.

count on it...we have jim haslam at the helm...

56 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

true that Rhule could make moves to put us in an even deeper hole.. hopefully Fitts has the true control and makes moves for the future - not the 2022 season

He doesn't though unless that gets changed during offseason meetings but its in the contract Rhule signed so...

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, pantherj said:

We have a bad QB, a bad o-line, and terrible coordinators who get outsmarted on Sundays. Our defense underachieves and will easily surrender 30 something points against good teams, which might as well be 100 points with our offense. The upcoming draft will likely only yield one new starter on a team that needs multiple impact players just to move up to being competitive. We won't be able to do much in free agency, and the players we do need are known to be hard to find even with plenty of cap space.

The way this team has been built is ass backwards. The outrageous amount of draft capital spent on our defense is a complete disaster considering our offense. The problem is compounded by the fact that our o-line coach was totally unable to teach our o-line much of anything, he's been fired but it took too long.

The hardest things to find in the NFL are QBs and LTs. We need both. There isn't even a good QB prospect in the upcoming draft, so we're years away from even drafting a rookie. If we bring in another free agent QB then Rhule will be fired at the end of next season imo. 18,000,000 for Sam to be shown the door on the heels of Bridgewater would be curtains for Rhule.

The Panthers have made so many mistakes that I don't know where to start. I guess take a LT with the 6th pick and go from there. Try and keep building toward a winner in 2024, and until then it's pretty much over.

All of this is so TRUE.