• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule staying, the silver lining

onmyown

It seemed unique and an all-in approach on building a stalwart defense, but that all-D draft in 2020 definitely set things back.  Unsure it makes sense to do this 1st year D, 2nd year O approach.  Just build with the best suited talent you find available.  Brown, YGM, & Chinn were awesome to grab and I won't lie, a lot of us liked that haul; buuut Pride & Kenny Robinson being our mid-rounders could've been some offensive talent.  Hell, those rounds produced Tyler Biadasz for the Boys, some good guards and WRs.  

Just seems unbalanced.

Hoping they don't purge too much 2023 assets

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, onmyown said:

5. Controversial maybe, but I believe it will matter to some coaching talent out there the fact Tepper gave a more than a reasonable amount of time (three years) to Rhule. For a fan this sucks but as a potential coach I think this matters.

I think this maybe one of the most important and under appreciated points. 

Reading this post OP was a breath of fresh air on this page recently. I appreciate the  thought you put into it. 

13 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Jokes aside, a lot of these things can change with panicked, win now moves. We literally saw that happen this season. 

Remember when Bill O'Brien had complete control and he was on the hot seat? The Texans literally still haven't recovered from that. 

I know.  I'm so depressed.

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, KSpan said:

These points are a sunken cost fallacy. What's done is done but leaving Rhule in place means no development for players currently here or other organizational improvements, and that's the main reason ditching him now appears the right move.

The lack of winning is front and center but Rhule's most egregious failures are the crappy roster moves, lack of strategic aptitude, and overall team regression during his tenure. Any coach that comes in and actually shows progress on the latter 3 retains their job even if the winning slowly comes, and all 3 are achievable in most any circumstance... pretty simple. 

I agree totally.

10 hours ago, Waldo said:

If ownership doesn't set limits Rhule can dig a much deeper hole for thr Panthers to dig out of after he is finally fired. Future draft picks, next year's abundance of cap and contacts trying us to the wrong guys because they were Rhule guys could kill off some of those silver linings.

At the moment Tepper appears MIA. Not good for us in 2023. Limits need to be set on Rhule before the offseason activities starts. 

Exactly!

14 hours ago, 1st down said:

Maybe aliens will abduct Rhule’s ass and save us all from this mess because I fear that it’s going to get way worse before he’s finally gone.america guy GIF

The aliens would quickly fire his ass too, complaining that after the abduction he totally screwed up their team on planet Zetox.

• Beer 1