• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reddick or Burns, who you keeping? Why?

BurnNChinn

The most logical answer would be to keep Burns and let reddick walk. He is about to be paid pretty big and im just not that hip to keeping him when we have YGM who needs more playing time and not a lot of cap. If you trade burns you dont accept anything less than a 1st or 2nd with multiple picks anyway.

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Honestly I would consider flipping burns for some draft capital, potentially multiple picks for next year. 

This would be after we re-sign Reddick though. 

I dunno, Burns has been fine, but like DJ Moore, he has both impressed and disappointed me throughout his tenure here. 

If you think that's disappointing, just wait until you see their replacements.

Keep both and just run a 3-4. Just put another big body up at the LOS and let those freaks do their thing. That is my biggest gripe with Snow, it's not back in school and you need another big body up front or they will keep seeing unfavorable matchups in the run game well past the LOS. 

Reddick.  Burns hasn't improved.  He's still the same guy that is iffy against the run and whiffs on a lot of plays.  He's not bad by any measure but Reddick feels like a more complete player.  If we can't keep Reddick, obviously keep Burns.  But if you can sign Reddick and get picks this year for Burns (we desperately need them) that may be worth it.  It's a hard choice because Burns "could" leave and fix these issues and get better but he also could never improve.  Reddick is probably what he's always going to be and is the better player right now imo.  Ages does have to factor though and we aren't winning a Super Bowl next year etc.

I guess I'm confused on the context. Burns is under contract for next season and 2023. Reddick is not. There's no choice to be made here. The choice is whether or not to bring back Reddick. As much as I loved his play, I'm not in favor of giving him more than a 1-year deal or possibly using the Franchise tag. 

If the discussion is whether we should trade Burns, I would be in favor, especially if we can get back a 2023 draft pick.

2022 is already lost if we keep Rhule. We need to stockpile resources (cap space, draft picks) for the new coaching staff in 2023.

• Pie 1

Reddick and Burns are both good edge rushers, but they are pretty one dimensional.  I would let Reddick walk and probably try to trade Burns while he's still a great value.

I don't think Burns is a bad player or anything, but we will have to pay him soon and I'm not sold on our defensive front 7 build as a whole right now.