• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Doesn't sound like QB in cards at 6

top dawg

There is little doubt that the plan is to trade down, but they might also make some trades to acquire some picks.  Fitterer (in an interview) said, "There are ways of acquiring second and third round picks while still holding on to the #6 pick" (paraphrasing and not looking up the source-in another thread).  I hope that he is not interested in trading future picks, but he may trade some players.  However, he will have a desperate man in his ear.

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

He didn't exactly say no to us. We are considered in the mix long term depending upon what happens. I saw something listing us and the Broncos as the only ones still in the mix now that Miami is out.

Well, the "depending on what happens" ship has probably sailed. Rhule is a failure and he's still here. We're connected to bums at OC. Why would any vet QB with any other NFL option walk into this organization right now? Honest question.

30 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Panthers will trade down to the 11-15 range. 1st for 1st+2nd+4th/5th

Expect Ekwonu or Linderbaum to be the pick from there

0.00% Chance Ekwonu will be there from 11 on.  I would say about a 25% chance Linderbaum is there.  I would also say about a 0.0% chance we get a 2 1rsts, a 2nd and a 4rth for a team to move up 8ish spots

21 minutes ago, Mage said:

A final determination?  No, but they 100% have a solid evaluation on the players.  Obviously how they work out and interview will change some things, but what do you think scouts do throughout the year?  They scout players not just in the upcoming draft but in the years to come too.  Teams absolutely consider how weak or strong the next year's position group will be in a draft to determine how they should play their cards for the upcoming draft.

This is also why you've seen recently a lot of GMs not get fired until June/July.  

The coaches have yet to even get involved in the scouting process, I sincerely understand that a lot of people here don’t understand how the draft process works and you’ll get posters screeching and hissing at the idea that this center probably isn’t going to go in the top 10 just because the mocks are saying that they are right now, and that WHAT WALTERFOOTBALL DOESNT EVEN HAVE THIS GUY AS A 1ST ROUNDER AND YOU THINK WE SHOULD TAKE HIM AT 6!?!?!, but until the coaches, their staffs, and chief personnel executives  actually get to Mobile then the meaningful portion of the evaluation process hasn’t even started and everything you think you know about the quality of these prospects is based on what jimmy Butkiss at sportstek.edu.net thinks of these guys

i guarantee you the panthers don’t know who they are or aren’t taking yet like lol why is that even controversial 

Edited by Growl

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We take an OL in the 1st then trade next year's 1st to take some QB in the 2nd "hoping to get lucky" because fug it we're probably going into our last season before getting fired anyway. 😂

We are odds on favorite for a top 3 pick next year.  If we trade our first for a damn 2nd round qb I will simply become a damn Chiefs fan at that point, fug the panthers if they did that

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Well, the "depending on what happens" ship has probably sailed. Rhule is a failure and he's still here. We're connected to bums at OC. Why would any vet QB with any other NFL option walk into this organization right now? Honest question.

The only thing I can think of is a sweet talking Tepper willing to make it rain (particularly after our failures at the position), the slick talking salesman Rhule, and the fact that it's still close to home. It's all in the packaging. He's still a young kid with a lot to prove. I don't think he's ultimately going to be in a position to be choosey either. 

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The only thing I can think of is a sweet talking Tepper willing to make it rain (particularly after our failures at the position), the slick talking salesman Rhule, and the fact that it's still close to home. It's all in the packaging. He's still a young kid with a lot to prove. I don't think he's ultimately going to be in a position to be choosey either. 

He'd probably be more willing to patch things up with the Texans at this point.

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Person said yesterday the price tag is still the same for him.  3 firsts and players

I was listening to the Houston Texans podcast (their RR) and stating they anticpate the price to be 2 firsts and an early mid round pick. So it will be interesting to see how it unfolds. The Texans are losing leverage because Watson is losing playtime.

Another interesting note, they shared that the Texans are trying to go after Flores to keep Watson. 

Just now, TheCasillas said:

I was listening to the Houston Texans podcast (their RR) and stating they anticpate the price to be 2 firsts and an early mid round pick. So it will be interesting to see how it unfolds. The Texans are losing leverage because Watson is losing playtime.

Another interesting note, they shared that the Texans are trying to go after Flores to keep Watson. 

Setting aside his off field stuff, but 2 firsts is a steal for watson

1 minute ago, Growl said:

The coaches have yet to even get involved in the scouting process, I sincerely understand that a lot of people here don’t understand how the draft process works and you’ll get posters screeching and hissing at the idea that this center probably isn’t going to go in the top 10 just because the mocks are saying that they are right now, and that WHAT WALTERFOOTBALL DOESNT EVEN HAVE THIS GUY AS A 1ST ROUNDER AND YOU THINK WE SHOULD TAKE HIM AT 6!?!?!, but until the coaches, their staffs, and chief personnel exercutives actually get to Mobile then the meaningful portion of the evaluation process hasn’t even started and everything you think you know about the quality of these prospects is based on what jimmy Butkiss at sportstek.edu.net thinks of these guys

I've researched all of this stuff. I used to make the same types of argument that you're making. After years of research, I'm certain that the scouting process begins in earnest well before now.  

Of course nothing is set in stone, it's way too early. But neither Mobile or much of anything else at this point is going to change the way that these execs and analysts will think about the top prospects at QB. Fitterer isn't just talking out of the side of his neck. If anything, he'd be talking them up for trade value.

12 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

0.00% Chance Ekwonu will be there from 11 on.  I would say about a 25% chance Linderbaum is there.  I would also say about a 0.0% chance we get a 2 1rsts, a 2nd and a 4rth for a team to move up 8ish spots

There is not a "0.0% chance." Ridiculous to even say something like that so far away from the draft. Teams are just entering the evaluation process. 

It's not two firsts. Try reading my post again. 

Just now, top dawg said:

I've researched all of this stuff. I used to make the same types of argument that you're making. After years of research, I'm certain that the scouting process begins in earnest well before now.  

Of course nothing is set in stone, it's way too early. But neither Mobile or much of anything else at this point is going to change the way that these execs and analysts will think about the top prospects at QB. Fitterer isn't just talking out of the side of his neck. If anything, he'd be talking them up for trade value.

A few things.  They 100% have a big board as we speak.  All teams have a working board 365 days a year.  Obviously that changes weekly,monthly, daily(?) but the scouting people always have something of a foundation all year.   I doubt they know who they are drafting but I would bet at this point its whittled down to a dozen or so players.  They just have to dig deep in the research, interviews, combine......but I doubt any of that changes the big board dramatically outside of totally removing a player because of injury attitude or whatever

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

There is not a "0.0% chance." Ridiculous to even say something like that so far away from the draft. Teams are just entering the evaluation process. 

It's not two firsts. Try reading my post again. 

Alright its worded weirdly or I read it wrong I thought you were saying the swap pick plus a 1rst, 2nd,......

Also there is just no chance a prospect like Ekwono is dropping out of the top 10.  He is the highest rated lineman ever from PFF.  Everything about the kid is off the charts.  No way he falls out of the top 10 and I am thinking now he is picked before 6.

Edited by mrcompletely11