• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Doesn't sound like QB in cards at 6

top dawg

4 hours ago, Growl said:

You’re absolutely right i am. Like the league’s best franchises, I understand the concept of value relative to availability of talent, contribution to a team’s overall success, pay scale, the evolving nature of the game, and other largely simple realities that are apparently still too complex for a tiny brain drunk on tired cliches like “just looking to come away with a good player” and “I just wanna get the safest player available” and other dated adages that keep poorly ran teams like the Indianapolis colts locked in the cellar and unable to separate themselves from the pack in the league’s worst division 

The Colts problem is that they pushed their chips in on Wentz. They still have a pretty talented squad. "Poorly ran" is subjective.

13 hours ago, pantherj said:

If we didn't want Fields then we won't these guys in the upcoming draft either. The NFL is a passing competition and we don't have a decent QB, so you know what's coming next season. Get the lube. 

This brain trust is either afraid to miss on a QB prospect or they're afraid of having to develop a QB prospect. Why they think they're going to turn chicken poo vets into chicken salad though I just can't figure out.

20 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I like him as a prospect but I have grown to be leary of small, athletic centers. Kalil was unreal but a lot of the guys with similar profiles(Tyler C being one) have not lived up to that billing. 

I disagree with this. You need a center that can move and get to the second level effectively. I'd bet most of the best centers in the league are under 315. 

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, top dawg said:

The Colts problem is that they pushed their chips in on Wentz. They still have a pretty talented squad. "Poorly ran" is subjective.

I have no idea how anyone could've watched Wentz play his final year in Philly and thought he had much of anything left in the tank. Him and Ertz looked completely shot. I mean, I get it if you had the opportunity to bring him in on a short term FA contract to kick the tires, but to trade a 1st round pick for him? Yikes.

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I have no idea how anyone could've watched Wentz play his final year in Philly and thought he had much of anything left in the tank. Him and Ertz looked completely shot. I mean, I get it if you had the opportunity to bring him in on a short term FA contract to kick the tires, but to trade a 1st round pick for him? Yikes.

Our trade was worse.

• Beer 1