• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I have more Faith in Scott Fitterer than Rhule.

Ivan The Awesome

What possible gain was there from giving him that 19M guaranteed. Even if he was Tannehill and signs a 30M/year deal, the first year would have been even less than 19M. So why bet 19M on a scenario that wasn’t likely and had no benefit. Just another cop out. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 5

4 minutes ago, Toomers said:

What possible gain was there from giving him that 19M guaranteed. Even if he was Tannehill and signs a 30M/year deal, the first year would have been even less than 19M. So why bet 19M on a scenario that wasn’t likely and had no benefit. Just another cop out. 

He's better at making poo like that sound somewhat logical, but he conveniently left out the draft picks he traded away for Darnold. You cannot trade 3 picks away for Darnold and cut him after one 5 win season, or if he plays well be forced into a FA bidding war. I like Fitt better than Rhule but lets not pretend like the Seahawks have done anything remarkable since lucking out on Russel Wilson 9 years ago. 

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

It does not matter when Rhule has the final say over all things football related. 

That was true in the past.  Not clear if that is still true going forward.  Tepper may put Rhule on a shorter leash, allowing Fit and Morgan to do their jobs.  We’ll see soon enough…

@Ivan The Awesomenice thread

I’ve been wondering how we could realistically get back into the 2nd or 3rd without trading down or mortgaging the future (a ton)

If we like a guy that will be more day 1 impact than a 4th, then maybe it’s the 2022 4th packaged with a 2023 3rd. Yeah it just keeps taking away future picks but that’s be a way to mid round 3 top-75 pick that may fall/we have pegged as a 2nd rounder type OL.

I mean, if it’s 2 OLs in the top 70ish and we still have our 2023 R1 & 2 then I think that’s the most I’d mortgage with a potential lame duck coach.

Then factor in 1  better FA lineman signing and that’s 3 brand new Ol additions for a 2023 QB to have back him.