• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coaching News

Mr. Scot

38 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

The ultimatum was a rockstar OC.  Unless that was just noise to quiet the mob.

I heard that but it makes no sense to me. Why would Tepper make that an ultimatum for keeping his job? It would be easier to just fire Rhule and start over. Never heard of a team choosing a HC on the condition of their choice for OC. Sounds like more BS speculation from some talking head. Or maybe it’s true. Either way, I’m not buying it.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I heard that but it makes no sense to me. Why would Tepper make that an ultimatum for keeping his job? It would be easier to just fire Rhule and start over. Never heard of a team choosing a HC on the condition of their choice for OC. Sounds like more BS speculation from some talking head. Or maybe it’s true. Either way, I’m not buying it.

None of it makes sense.  It’s like watching a monkey hump a door knob.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

La Canfora (link)

Former Dolphins coach Brian Flores is being viewed as the strong favorite to take over the Houston Texans by numerous coaches and general managers involved in this hiring cycle. Flores interviewed with the Texans on Friday and there is a strong anticipation that a deal with Houston could come together very quickly.

Flores has strong ties to Texans general manager Nick Caserio and executive Jack Easterby -- all have Patriots roots -- with Flores and Caserio working together as scouts. 

it was widely known that disgruntled Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson was a fan of Flores -- Miami explored trading for Watson throughout his lost 2021 season while facing numerous allegations of sexual misconduct or sexual assault -- which would undoubtedly be a factor in this coaching search as well.

"I'm telling you, Nick is going to come out of this looking like a genius," said one high-ranking NFL exec who knows Caserio well. "He and Flores go way back. That is a perfect fit. And, it's going to help him keep that quarterback. Just watch. He doesn't have to trade him, he can ask for the moon, and Flores could help rebuild the relationships in the meantime. It just makes too much sense."

Another GM said: "That looks like a no-brainer to me. Who would Nick hire before him? They already have a relationship. There's trust there."