• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coaching News

Mr. Scot

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That likely means Daboll gets the Giants head coaching job, although I suppose a surprise is possible.

Or will he?

Flores would certainly be interesting given the talk that Deshaun Watson would like to play in New York.

The Giants do have the kind of draft capital it would take to make that trade happen.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Or will he?

Flores would certainly be interesting given the talk that Deshaun Watson would like to play in New York.

The Giants do have the kind of draft capital it would take to make that trade happen.

Only issue I can see is that the lawsuit baggage can be hid in a smaller market…New York will be a constant barrage about it from the media.

On 1/18/2022 at 11:36 AM, Mr. Scot said:

Seriously, Moore has been coaching for all of three years in the NFL and people are talking about making him a head coach.

Yeesh 🙄

That’s the Dallas effect.

Big market, big money.  As good as KC is, they can’t move the needle outside MO.

Dallas can play in Namibia and draw a crowd of Cowturd fans.

That said, it’s not about who the actual coaches are, it’s who they are with.  Switch Bienemy and Moore.  The stories would switch with them.

9 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

That’s the Dallas effect.

Big market, big money.  As good as KC is, they can’t move the needle outside MO.

Dallas can play in Namibia and draw a crowd of Cowturd fans.

That said, it’s not about who the actual coaches are, it’s who they are with.  Switch Bienemy and Moore.  The stories would switch with them.

Granted, but I think the McVay effect is still in play as well though.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

Daboll makes the most sense for NY with the new GM hiring.  Flores wouldn’t surprise me but he’s not a good fit with Daniel Jones.  They’d likely move on from Jones if they go that direction. The McCown article is strange, it seems like Florio is “hearing” things but it reads like he’s speculating 

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I was thinking that it's a shoe-in for Daboll. Personally, I think he'd be a smarter hire than Flores considering the familiarity.

I thought so too, but it depends on what source you read.

One (Rapoport, I think) said the Giants were really high on Flores as a candidate. Another (Breer, I believe) said they expected Daboll to be the guy. Someone else suggested Quinn was the top choice.

A couple of different sources have said there'll be a "wide net" cast so at this point, who knows?