• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coaching News

Mr. Scot

On 1/15/2022 at 2:58 PM, L-TownCat said:

So if no “rockstar” OC is acquired, will Tepper stay true to his word and cut ties with this idiot?

Even if Tepper follows through, bad move because by the time he can tell Rhule has failed to secure an OC that lives up to those expectations. It will be too late to fire Rhule because the best HC candidates will have found jobs. 

just fire him now and go after a new HC. If the new doesn’t work out, fire his ass too! Repeat until you get it right. 

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

After the terrible job that Mike Mccarthy did today, I think Jerry Jones needs to make a bold move and hire Matt Rhule away from us.  Come on Jerry, Matt Rhule plus Dak Prescott equals Super Bowl.  Just pull the trigger.  

I'm on board.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I mean, I guess I understand, hard to fire a coach who got you to the playoffs.  But yesterday Jones is saying that the performance is unacceptable with the quality of the roster.  Now he's saying it's not on the coaches either.  So . . . . what?  Is he all in on blaming the refs?  I don't get it.

2 hours ago, BrianS said:

I mean, I guess I understand, hard to fire a coach who got you to the playoffs.  But yesterday Jones is saying that the performance is unacceptable with the quality of the roster.  Now he's saying it's not on the coaches either.  So . . . . what?  Is he all in on blaming the refs?  I don't get it.

Ironically, unless he's changed in the last hour or two, he was not blaming the refs at all.  His statements certainly sounded like a guy who felt his coaching staff was not up to the job. 

Of course, saying a coaching change is "not on the table" is not exactly a ringing endorsement for how he will feel next week, or on Wednesday, or at 2pm today.  My guess is he does nothing, but he probably has already turned up the heat a little.

The other problem he has is if he decided to can McCarthy, who does he get next?  I don't think he has won the NFL's Award for Best Workplace for a Head Coach in any of the recent years.....or ever.

• Beer 1

Maycock found out the hard way when another has all the power....I think he can do better, but those raiders drafts are some of the worse league wide.....and they had good numbers to use. He'll land on his feet, if not I do miss him on the NFL draft network

Edited by Basbear

Changes in Seattle, but not Carroll...

Fitterer and Morgan would know him, and given their shared position Morgan and he could be well acquainted.

He's never been anything but a linebacker coach or a DC though. We have those already and I don't expect Rhule to part with either.

Could always give him a special assistant role or something like that...