• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coaching News

Mr. Scot

15 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Gayle Benson was quoted in saying “who knows” on the fate of Payton in New Orleans but he did report to the facility today but no one knows in what capacity he is there for.

Well is she don't know, then don't nobody else know 😐

• Beer 1

A little more from Breer regarding Harbaugh, Dodds and the Raiders (MAQB)

We explained the Jim Harbaugh/Ed Dodds connection in the MMQB column Monday morning. There is one more layer to it that I forgot to mention—and that one runs through Colts special teams coach Bubba Ventrone. Ventrone played for Harbaugh in San Francisco and has stayed in touch with him. And Ventrone is close with Dodds, to the point where Ventrone would’ve been one of his top choices for a head coach if he were to land a GM job somewhere in the last couple of cycles. Also, for what it’s worth, Harbaugh’s Michigan assistants don’t seem to know what he’ll do yet. Of course, the Raiders would have to offer him the job first. We’ll see whether it happens.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's a no on Bieniemy

Lots of speculation right now that Jim Caldwell is gonna be the guy. The belief apparently is that Caldwell can best maximize Justin Fields (the other two finalists are defensive coaches).

It is really interesting that Poles, coming from the Chiefs, won’t even interview Bieniemy. Is it Bieniemy’s background issues before the Chiefs or does he just interview really bad, or both? Something is definitely up, and I don’t think it is racism, even though it is prevalent.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Martin said:

It is really interesting that Poles, coming from the Chiefs, won’t even interview Bieniemy. Is it Bieniemy’s background issues before the Chiefs or does he just interview really bad, or both? Something is definitely up, and I don’t think it is racism, even though it is prevalent.

Racism likely isn't in play with Poles.

c88b8ee9-286f-4659-ae6c-30d34b7bb5d8-rya

It is an interesting question though. I expected him to go after Bieniemy when he got a job, but nope.