• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coaching News

Mr. Scot

34 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

It’s really weird, there’s got to be something more to it that we don’t know about.

Is if the NFL though?

When the Bears hired Ryan Poles, my first thought was "well there's Eric Bieniemy's job".

But it wasn't. Hell, Poles didn't even interview him.

In his role with the Chiefs, Poles would have been in position to know pretty much everything he needed to know about Eric Bieniemy.

Yet... nothing.

It makes you stop and go... 🤔

2 hours ago, Happy Panther said:

Being a criminal likely has something to do with it.

Or being an Andy Reid offensive assistant coach.

He has some not so pretty history...I'm not saying that he isn't qualified, I have no clue about that, but it's not like he's being blackballed for no reason.

2 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

It’s really weird, there’s got to be something more to it that we don’t know about.

2 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

He didn’t name Eric specifically but it was around the time when coaching names were being thrown around.

2 hours ago, trueblade said:

For Ryan Poles, who came from KCC, to not even request EB interview for the Chicago job seems really strange.

15 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Being a criminal likely has something to do with it.

Based on what I know about the NFL he has possibly been blackballed.  The owners tend to support each other blindly. Which is why we haven't heard a word out of Gruden since he was let go. 

EB laid hands on a woman almost 30 years ago. That's a lot of nasty letters and a few canceled luxury boxes for whichever owner hires him. His DUI and college antics wouldn't move the needle.

And it would not surprise me if there is some other offense we don't know about.

Race is almost certainly a factor but you guys can tackle that one!

I'd hire him yesterday if i were an owner.

25 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Several good candidates will not land a HC position...Many (if not all) better coaches than we currently have. 

Which honestly bodes well next year if Matt is out. Off the top of my head I can only think of the Panthers, Seattle, (maybe) Arizona with a hot seat IE less competitive hiring process 

3 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

He didn’t name Eric specifically but it was around the time when coaching names were being thrown around.

I think it is safe bet teams are worried if they hire him his Colorado days are going to be revisited by the present day media. 

and I would assume there is a risk of the higher profile job people get, the more often you see people from the past coming forward. 

1 hour ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Which honestly bodes well next year if Matt is out. Off the top of my head I can only think of the Panthers, Seattle, (maybe) Arizona with a hot seat IE less competitive hiring process 

Carolina, Seattle, Arizona, Dallas and possibly Atlanta are teams I could see go another direction. I could see Bucs on that list is Arians decides to hang it up again.

25 minutes ago, BullCityP said:

A criminal?? What makes him a criminal?🤔

This is his legal history:

As a player at Colorado, Bieniemy was arrested along with a teammate following a February 1988 bar fight.[12] He pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct and fighting in public, and was sentenced to community service.[12] He also received discipline from head coach Bill McCartney.[12]

In 1989, Bieniemy was ticketed in Westminster, Colorado for driving a defective vehicle, and in Aurora, Colorado for speeding. In October 1990, Bieniemy's license was suspended for a year after another traffic violation. On March 21, 1991, Bieniemy was caught speeding and driving with suspended license on I-70 near Rifle, Colorado, going 92 mph in a 65 mph zone. On April 17, 1991, Bieniemy failed to appear in court on charges relating to the March 21 incident. A bench warrant was issued in Colorado for his arrest on April 23, 1991, two days after he was drafted in the 1991 NFL Draft.[13]

On July 4, 1990, Bieniemy pleaded no contest to interfering with a firefighter who had been performing his duties to extinguish a fire in Bieniemy's mother's garage.[13] Bieniemy received an eight-month suspended sentence[14] and was suspended for one game.[15] Bieniemy was instructed to do 40 hours of community service and attend an eight-hour firefighting training session.[13] An assistant city attorney said Bieniemy failed to attend the firefighting training session as stipulated in the plea agreement, but Bieniemy asserted the session was optional.[13]

On September 27, 1993, Bieniemy was arrested in Boulder, Colorado, for allegedly harassing a female parking attendant. According to the police report, while with his friends, Bieniemy put his hand on the attendant's neck, startling her. She told police he also made a comment about "a bunch of black males all at once being her worst nightmare,"[14] and that Bieniemy and his friends took off their pants and began urinating nearby. Bieniemy was also named in an outstanding warrant on a charge of driving with a suspended license. As a result of this incident, Bieniemy was banned from the University of Colorado Boulder campus for one year.[7][16]

In April 2001, Bieniemy was arrested for driving under the influence and was docked a month's pay.[17]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Bieniemy