• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coaching News

Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, Happy Panther said:

Based on what I know about the NFL he has possibly been blackballed.  The owners tend to support each other blindly. Which is why we haven't heard a word out of Gruden since he was let go. 

EB laid hands on a woman almost 30 years ago. That's a lot of nasty letters and a few canceled luxury boxes for whichever owner hires him. His DUI and college antics wouldn't move the needle.

And it would not surprise me if there is some other offense we don't know about.

Race is almost certainly a factor but you guys can tackle that one!

I'd hire him yesterday if i were an owner.

Don't want to make anyone mad, but it hurts that he has no nfl play calling experience. Because Coach Reid is the real offensive coordinator in KC because he calls all the offensive calls. Hear say but true!

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So basically he was a real shithead back in his younger days. Seems like he's either out that behind him or gotten smart enough with it that he can at least avoid run-ins with the law.

well he was a NFL player with the incident with the woman took place 

and he was a coach at Colorado whose job came to an end when the sexual assault stuff was being investigated.  Which is another red flag. 

Hire him and you are taking the risk any and all of that comes back given he get that caliber of job.   And today’s landscape and media is different. 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

well he was a NFL player with the incident with the woman took place 

and he was a coach at Colorado whose job came to an end when the disappeared sexual assault stuff was being investigated.  Which is another red flag. 

Hire him and you are taking the risk any and all of that comes back given he get that caliber of job.   And today’s landscape and media is different. 

So you're telling me we're gonna trade for Watson, hire this guy, and Tepper is gonna start wearing his brass balls around his neck on a chain Flava Flav style? 😆

3 hours ago, ladypanther said:

This is his legal history:

As a player at Colorado, Bieniemy was arrested along with a teammate following a February 1988 bar fight.[12] He pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct and fighting in public, and was sentenced to community service.[12] He also received discipline from head coach Bill McCartney.[12]

In 1989, Bieniemy was ticketed in Westminster, Colorado for driving a defective vehicle, and in Aurora, Colorado for speeding. In October 1990, Bieniemy's license was suspended for a year after another traffic violation. On March 21, 1991, Bieniemy was caught speeding and driving with suspended license on I-70 near Rifle, Colorado, going 92 mph in a 65 mph zone. On April 17, 1991, Bieniemy failed to appear in court on charges relating to the March 21 incident. A bench warrant was issued in Colorado for his arrest on April 23, 1991, two days after he was drafted in the 1991 NFL Draft.[13]

On July 4, 1990, Bieniemy pleaded no contest to interfering with a firefighter who had been performing his duties to extinguish a fire in Bieniemy's mother's garage.[13] Bieniemy received an eight-month suspended sentence[14] and was suspended for one game.[15] Bieniemy was instructed to do 40 hours of community service and attend an eight-hour firefighting training session.[13] An assistant city attorney said Bieniemy failed to attend the firefighting training session as stipulated in the plea agreement, but Bieniemy asserted the session was optional.[13]

On September 27, 1993, Bieniemy was arrested in Boulder, Colorado, for allegedly harassing a female parking attendant. According to the police report, while with his friends, Bieniemy put his hand on the attendant's neck, startling her. She told police he also made a comment about "a bunch of black males all at once being her worst nightmare,"[14] and that Bieniemy and his friends took off their pants and began urinating nearby. Bieniemy was also named in an outstanding warrant on a charge of driving with a suspended license. As a result of this incident, Bieniemy was banned from the University of Colorado Boulder campus for one year.[7][16]

In April 2001, Bieniemy was arrested for driving under the influence and was docked a month's pay.[17]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Bieniemy

So him doing something THIRTY YEARS ago makes him a criminal?? Have you EVER broken the law does that make you a criminal??

47 minutes ago, BullCityP said:

So him doing something THIRTY YEARS ago makes him a criminal?? Have you EVER broken the law does that make you a criminal??

I am not the one who said he is a criminal.  He did have repeated criminal charges...the last of  which was 2001..I think that would be 21 yrs ago..not 30.

Edited by ladypanther

7 hours ago, razorwolf said:

Don't want to make anyone mad, but it hurts that he has no nfl play calling experience. Because Coach Reid is the real offensive coordinator in KC because he calls all the offensive calls. Hear say but true!

Weird that this Andy Reid guy disagrees...

12 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Dolphins might now get Mike McDaniel.

This coaching cycle sucks 🤬

Piecing a few things together I've had McDaniels as their top target for a few days now. 

Speaking if the Dolphins, Flores situation is interesting. Giants hired Daboll and Bears hired Eberflus, that leaves the Texans as the only team he interviewed with that hasn't hired a coach. With the Flores/Watson connection, and knowing Watson want play for the Texans again, I'm not sure if he is truly interested in going there. If he doesn't, then it's entirely possible he is available next offseason.

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So you're telling me we're gonna trade for Watson, hire this guy, and Tepper is gonna start wearing his brass balls around his neck on a chain Flava Flav style? 😆

Complete the trifecta.  Tepper hires the Paper Doll staff to serve concessions in the sky boxes.   

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

Piecing a few things together I've had McDaniels as their top target for a few days now. 

Speaking if the Dolphins, Flores situation is interesting. Giants hired Daboll and Bears hired Eberflus, that leaves the Texans as the only team he interviewed with that hasn't hired a coach. With the Flores/Watson connection, and knowing Watson want play for the Texans again, I'm not sure if he is truly interested in going there. If he doesn't, then it's entirely possible he is available next offseason.

I mean, come on... 🙄