• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ellis Williams-Carolina Panthers must decide what to do with Brady Christensen. The film is telling

ladypanther

Matt Rhule just said hr evaluated an all pro LT as a guard in the NFL. It doesn't matter if BC is a guard or a LT  or the freaking waterboy. Rhule cannot evaluate oline talent.

We've seen it with Erving.

We've seen it with Elfien.

Miller. Jordan. Tecklenberg. 

Not starting Brown. Not starting BC. 

You don't fix the coach you cannot fix the line. It's that freaking simple no matter who you pick. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 5

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I agree. And if Christensen is your LT, I think #6 is down to two choices. QB or auction block. Take a QB or trade down.

He’s saying if it was him BC wouldn’t be the tackle. He’d be an all-pro guard and he’d play next to Ekwonu, Neal, or Moton. 

There is only one thing to do with this pick. It’s to take the best OT on the board. The best thing about Ekwonu and Neal is that they can both play G and T and can do both at an elite level. This is literally a best case scenario possibility for landing the 6th pick and getting a player that is elite and that we badly need. 

I feel like Darnold is probably beyond repair. But the next QB that comes in could have an elite line if we do this draft right. 

Edited by unicar15
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Matt Rhule just said hr evaluated an all pro LT as a guard in the NFL. It doesn't matter if BC is a guard or a LT  or the freaking waterboy. Rhule cannot evaluate oline talent.

We've seen it with Erving.

We've seen it with Elfien.

Miller. Jordan. Tecklenberg. 

Not starting Brown. Not starting BC. 

You don't fix the coach you cannot fix the line. It's that freaking simple no matter who you pick. 

It’s so simple yet folks around here act like this:

misfits shut up GIF

If Ikem Ekwonu or Evan Neal are there, you draft them to play LT and put Christensen at LG.

If neither of them are on the board, attempt to trade down and take either Tyler Linderbaum, Charles Cross, or a QB.

Ellis Williams is quickly becoming my favourite Panthers' beat writer since Jourdan Rodrigue 😮

• Pie 3

36 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

He’s saying if it was him BC wouldn’t be the tackle. He’d be an all-pro guard and he’d play next to Ekwonu, Neal, or Moton. 

There is only one thing to do with this pick. It’s to take the best OT on the board. The best thing about Ekwonu and Neal is that they can both play G and T and can do both at an elite level. This is literally a best case scenario possibility for landing the 6th pick and getting a player that is elite and that we badly need. 

I feel like Darnold is probably beyond repair. But the next QB that comes in could have an elite line if we do this draft right. 

I agree on needing to make the call. I disagree with his call. Christensen has OT quickness. He doesn't have OG raw power. His lack of strength will be a bigger hindrance inside going against DTs than it is outside going against edge rushers.

He has OT skills and quickness with OG build. Skills and quickness are a lot more important than build.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

It's pretty simple.  Eliminate the doubts. No gambles: Free Agent Top Priorities

Ben Jones at Center

Duane Brown at Left Tackle

2 proven commodities. Armstead isn't coming here. Brown is older but his overall production the last 3 years is better than anything we can field by far. 

If Reddick cant resigned because of these two so be it... Center & LT DONE. No growing pains on the blind side. 

Round 1: Trade back .... Pick after 15-20. We'd swap 1sts, pick up a 2nd and 3rd via value. Select Kenyon Green with the first pick. 

Second Round grab Drake Johnson (Replaces Reddick) ...see above. I think his ceiling is actually higher than Reddick's. 

Brown-Christensen-Jones-Green-Moton

Also, as good as these 5 are as-is, they'll look even better playing next to each other. 

Oline problem solved and instantly becomes a strength... and with 1 trade we'd leave the draft with around 8 picks. At which point Rhule could go BPA crazy if he wants to idc. Just solidify that line. 

I've said that scenario before and will continue. Our solution is easy assuming the players are willing to come here. We have Samir which means I'm not too worried about the cap. So ofcourse I'ma keep touching on it like a blind reader. 

Just don't draft a QB early. That answer is not in this draft. 

Christensen needs to find his spot and STAY in that spot. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

i would feel alright if it werent a double monkey fuging hucklefug as HC.  Seriously  Christiensen would have started since Erving got injured if he werent licking door knobs in his free time.

Absolutely agreed. We SHOULD have a LOT of game tape on Christensen at LT and Brown at RG. 

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I agree on needing to make the call. I disagree with his call. Christensen has OT quickness. He doesn't have OG raw power. His lack of strength will be a bigger hindrance inside going against DTs than it is outside going against edge rushers.

He has OT skills and quickness with OG build. Skills and quickness are a lot more important than build.

If we cant sign Brown, Armstead, etc .. that makes things interesting. 

Do you trust Brady at LT enough to pass on Neal? Do you pick Neal and move Brady to LG? Or pick Linderbaum and let Brady develop? Sadly I dont think they have enough game tape of Brady playing LT here to fully come to a solid conclusion either way (and without an attribute bias).

Alot of situations for Rhule & Fitterer... I just have an extreme lack of faith in their Oline evaluation skills (Rhule atleast).