• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is Joe Burrow’s superior trait to Kenny Pickett?

FuFuLamePoo

15 hours ago, AU-panther said:

This is the problem with QB evaluation, people keep looking for tangible traits, its not that easy.

Alot of guys can make a throw but can the QB see the throws.  3rd and 9 and 1st read is covered, why does Brady throw it where he does whereas a bad QB tries a different throw.  

Different guys definitely have more tools but the processing is the biggest ability.

This times 1000. Chad Pennington survived in the league because of that trait despite having a noodle for an arm. 

50 minutes ago, Basbear said:

burrow has superior confidence, its very close to the cocky line.

Yup, it takes that 'cockiness' to succeed in the NFL.  The BMOC status is different.  That's a celebrity status-type thing.  Being wanted by every sorority girl at the school doesn't make you a great QB.  KNOWING you are the best QB in the country makes you a great QB. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Intangible wise, Corral has an edge over Pickett in the draft.  Also has an edge with athleticism. Thing is, people are really into Pickett's processing speed and ball placement.  

Burrow had the intangibles, processing, arm, pre-snap awareness, placement, & pocket awareness.  He just had virtually every category you want checked, well, checked.

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't get the talk of Pickett's processing speed. When he has to go past his first read he seems slow to me. That's concerning for a fifth year college player.

I can agree it can be concerning but the question that the evaluators have to answer is was it because he was slow to process or because he knew his OL could give him ample time.  The little bit I watched of him his O-line seemed to do a really good job.