• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Getting back into the top 100 of the draft: A trade scenario analysis

Ricky Spanish

My argument against trading DJ is this.

Why trade young talent for younger unknown talent?

Robbie makes more sense than trading DJ.

If youre packaging DJ for a pick another proven player sure but just because you have the now 2nd round pick doesn’t mean it’s gonna equate to a good player. The draft is a funny thing you have to build through it but if you rely to much on it you’re team doesn’t go anywhere.

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I trust Fitts to do the trading. I don't trust Rhule to set the target. If we do this poorly, it could set us back a couple of years, simply because it's going to take more than a single draft to undo the wreckage caused from Rhule's arrogance that he knows more than every other expert in the room. If Fitts and Morgan get to control the players taken and tell Rhule these are your guys, make it work, we could be ok, at least personnel wise. Coaching would still be severely lacking. 

Edited by SmokinwithWilly
  • Pie 2

34 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I stopped reading at Robbie Anderson and 2nd round-4th round. Sorry. 

Then you missed the part where I said it was a crapshoot trading WRs when guys like Mohammad Sanu and Deandre Hopkins are both traded for a 2nd round pick when one isn't even in the stratosphere of the other, and then Randy Moss was traded for a 4th, who's better than both of them. 

Golden Tate went for a 3rd in his 30s. 

Anywhere between a 2nd and a 4th is completely within the realm of possibilities for damn near any starting Receiver in this league.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Then you missed the part where I said it was a crapshoot trading WRs when guys like Mohammad Sanu and Deandre Hopkins are both traded for a 2nd round pick when one isn't even in the stratosphere of the other, and then Randy Moss was traded for a 4th, who's better than both of them. 

Golden Tate went for a 3rd in his 30s. 

Anywhere between a 2nd and a 4th is completely within the realm of possibilities for damn near any starting Receiver in this league.

So a team is going to pay 12.8M next year for a pain in the ass WR coming off his worst season, and give a draft pick for the privilege? Good Luck with that. 

And after reading the rest, everyone is overvalued. AJ Bouye is ridiculous. 

• Poo 2

7 minutes ago, Toomers said:

So a team is going to pay 12.8M next year for a pain in the ass WR coming off his worst season, and give a draft pick for the privilege? Good Luck with that. 

And after reading the rest, everyone is overvalued. AJ Bouye is ridiculous. 

Yeah, its always funny when fans think they can trade their over-valued salary cap burdens to other teams... as if other teams are lining up to assume the burdens that idiot Carolina management has weighed themselves down with, lol.