• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OC Joe Brady...

musicman

12 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

So was Brady..

Rhule being bad doesn't change the fact Brady was a bad play caller and couldn't adapt when his 1 trick was figured out..

They all suck, Brady just seems like he has more potential than anyone else on the coaching staff.  

4 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

They all suck, Brady just seems like he has more potential than anyone else on the coaching staff.  

More potential why??

Because ppl told you he was this young genius??

He was the pass game coordinator in LSU not the actual play caller... So what in his resume said he was headed to greatness??

The biggest thing that had me questioning Brady is the fact he was going for HC jobs so fast.. He wasn't even trying to prove or improve he could even be a OC... He was trying to jump steps in coaching development...

Looking for the next Mccvay skewing alot of coaching searches..

Edited by WOW!!

Just now, WOW!! said:

More potential why??

He was the pass game coordinator in LSU not the actual play caller... So what in his resume said he was headed to greatness??

The biggest thing that had me questioning Brady is the fact he was going for HC jobs so fast.. He wasn't even trying to prove or improve he could even be a OC... He was trying to jump steps in coaching development...

No because all our other coaches suck.  

Just now, Shotgun said:

No because all our other coaches suck.  

Wait.. He sucked more then the rest of them.. 

Atleast the defense improved from 20, to21..

The offense got worse.. 

So why did you think he had the most potential when his side of the ball was the worst??

Just now, WOW!! said:

Wait.. He sucked more then the rest of them.. 

Atleast the defense improved from 20, to21..

The offense got worse.. 

So why did you think he had the most potential when his side of the ball was the worst??

Darnold,Teddy, PJ, old Cam, maybe the least talented oline in the nfl, WRs that cant catch...other than that I cant think of anything.

Just now, Shotgun said:

Darnold,Teddy, PJ, old Cam, maybe the least talented oline in the nfl, WRs that cant catch...other than that I cant think of anything.

His play calling was part of it as well..

7 step drops with the worst Oline in football is so smart... Thowing it 40+ times was genius..

I see you give him excuses but Snow has been coaching 1 of the youngest defenses in football and had alot of injuries but the defense still improved..

6 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

His play calling was part of it as well..

7 step drops with the worst Oline in football is so smart... Thowing it 40+ times was genius..

I see you give him excuses but Snow has been coaching 1 of the youngest defenses in football and had alot of injuries but the defense still improved..

Both sides of the ball were bad, I hope they all get the boot.  

6 hours ago, musicman said:

Looking at how good Burrow was with Chase and knowing all the other top players on that team, maybe Brady had nothing to do with their success. Same with many OCs out there. Having great players is a big part of their success. A truly great OC can make any group of players and adapt his playbook and still win. 

At this point, it's hard to argue against your logic. The proof is on the field, winning games while Brady is polishing the resume.

Some fans are hilarious 

Joe Brady was inexperienced.  And Joe Burrow with Jamar Chase and co were the reason he even got a job.

but also

We should fire Rhule and hire Leftwich in Tampa.  The Bucs OC who has only been a coordinator for 2 years and has the title of OC when we all know Tom Brady calls all the shots.  We should hire that guy.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

More potential why??

Looking for the next Mccvay skewing alot of coaching searches..

Yeah because all the ones we're interviewing are rockstars lmao. We should have just kept Brady. This team sucks

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

This is where he needs to develop. He knows plays and play design but he has to be able to use them in a coherent way during a game. 

Goes back to understanding how a defense works. He understood match ups but not concepts. Still to be honest, with what he was given to work with he could have been a great OC and still failed because if you have zeros at OL and QB not much is going to happen. 

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, musicman said:

Looking at how good Burrow was with Chase and knowing all the other top players on that team, maybe Brady had nothing to do with their success. Same with many OCs out there. Having great players is a big part of their success. A truly great OC can make any group of players and adapt his playbook and still win. 

I think the bigger issue was with all that talent Brady had, he was confident in the initial game plan.  They were never really in the position to make any major changes to the game plan.   You can't do that in the NFL.  You are going to have to make in game adjustments and Brady couldn't do it. 

It was pretty obvious.  After 3 games teams figured out what we did well.  They took it away and poof Brady turns into Coach Klein (Waterboy).

• Beer 1