• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After today, everyone should understand you need a QB

AU-panther

7 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

The bears are sitting at home and Mac Jones is ass and probably already at his ceiling or close to it.

Our current coaching staff would not correctly develop either one of those guys and they would have looked worse than our QBs this year did.

The signing of Darnold and Teddy were mistakes, but what hasnt been when it comes to this staff?

They have been here 2 years and made maybe 3 or 4 good moves.

As it stands right now we have one great player under contract from this Era in Chinn the rest are holdovers or they are FAs this year.

We have spent 2 years to add Chinn to our roster. 

Just because the QB didn't work out doesn't mean it wasn't the right choice. 

You have to roll the dice, missing is part of it.

The chance of finding a good QB in the draft is low, the chance of finding one without drafting one is even lower.

• Beer 1

This is the year to snag a QB. Everyone is down on this batch of QBs, but percentages say a couple will work out. Have to snag the right one. The fact that we could get one at a discount because “bad QB class blah blah” is great. Trade back and can still get your guy most likely. 

3 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Just because the QB didn't work out doesn't mean it wasn't the right choice. 

You have to roll the dice, missing is part of it.

The chance of finding a good QB in the draft is low, the chance of finding one without drafting one is even lower.

Fields remains to be seen, Mac Jones was not the right choice. 

If anything we should have taken Slater, the QBs from this class look very underwhelming. You dont draft a 1st round QB just for the sake of drafting a 1st round QB. 

• Flames 2

Just now, PootieNunu said:

Fields remains to be seen, Mac Jones was not the right choice. 

If anything we should have taken Slater, the QBs from this class look very underwhelming. You dont draft a 1st round QB just for the sake of drafting a 1st round QB. 

I'm not saying you force a pick, but sooner or later you have to gamble on one.  Might not be this year, but sooner or later you do.

We can draft a LT this year, and I'm not saying I wouldn't, but even if we do and he works out we are still bad because we don't have a QB.  Maybe we go 7-10 instead of 5-12/

Big picture QB is our biggest need and the hardest to find.

3 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

My only pause at drafting a qb this year is this staff absolutely sucks at evaluating qbs. I’d rather they take a more sure thing lineman, get fired and let the new staff draft the qb.

Far preferable to try and miss than to watch one of these guys inevitably go elsewhere and turn into playoff mainstays.

there are worse things in the world than a “bust.”

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

At #6 you might be getting your pick of the litter instead of the 3rd or 4th option. You aren't getting the Trevor Lawrence or Andrew Luck type prospect everyone wants unless you're sitting at #1 overall in the right draft class.

The problem is the is no alpha in this litter.  Yes, we could take the top QB this draft, but what does that actually mean?  It means we get a QB that in lat year's class would have been battling Jones for the 4th dude off the board.  Before you sing Jones' praises, he went to the one team that everyone said he would have to go to to succeed, New England.  I mean, could you imagine Jones' year if we took him at #8?  Dude would already be David Carr'ed!

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

The problem is the is no alpha in this litter.  Yes, we could take the top QB this draft, but what does that actually mean?  It means we get a QB that in lat year's class would have been battling Jones for the 4th dude off the board.  Before you sing Jones' praises, he went to the one team that everyone said he would have to go to to succeed, New England.  I mean, could you imagine Jones' year if we took him at #8?  Dude would already be David Carr'ed!

No alpha... 😂

Dafuq does that even mean? That's something I imagine someone like Rhule saying to justify not drafting someone and then still reiterating it after the guy has an All-Pro rookie season.

What I'm trying to say here is you aren't getting the type of prospect you want at #6. The guy who checks all the physical boxes, played well at the college level, projects well at the NFL level, and knocks it out of the park on the whiteboard and during the interview process. That guy goes #1 overall.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Might not be this year, but sooner or later you do.

All your doing with this comment is opening to the door to “well why not next year?”

last year was a weak class and we were meant to wait for a STACKED class in 2022 with HOWELL and RIDDER and RATTLER

year before was a similar story with “I just don’t believe in Herbert” and “tua is injury prone, why not just wait and we’ll get Lawrence?”

next year never comes. Circumstances never play out in the absolute perfect manner you need them to. At some point has to at some point be right now.

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

You don't know that, none of us do.

On paper this class doesn't look as good as last year but it might not turn out that way.  

Also there is no guarantee that next year's class will have a better prospect where we are picking, then this year.

The overall class might be better next year but what if the good ones get drafted in the top 10 and we are picking 11.  We might actually end up with a worse prospect then next year.