• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After today, everyone should understand you need a QB

AU-panther

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Actually it's just the opposite.  Usually a QB class is talked up being better than they actually are.  Will the 2020 or 2021 QB classes be a good as they as the were hyped to be?  Chances are, probably not.  To my point, if the draftnics that are usually QB gung-ho are so ambivalent about this QB class, that's really REALLY telling.

The get excited about potential and college tape because it’s the most exciting position in sports. Talk about QBs and you’ll get views/clicks. It’s why this topic is getting traction. Again 3 “can’t miss” QB prospects in one class hasn’t happened. I get you don’t want us drafting one, I don’t want Rhule selecting one either. 

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Which games?

I watched every one, I don't care enough to go back to game threads and give examples. At one point Darnold had the 2nd highest time in the pocket in the entire league. He just blows. Panics and never moves around correctly in the pocket to buy even more time like most QB's. And Cam just doesn't have an arm anymore.

7 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I was wondering the same thing.. 

Some ppl will talk themselves into this being a good Oline by the Superbowl 

I didn't say it was a good offensive line, but our QB's were horrid irregardless of the line. It's a lazy excuse. Burrow would have done just fine behind this line this season.

This QB class screams 2014.  This is the top four:

image.png.8bd50f8f513704b607175690583c19a2.png

Bortles was a reach out of desperation.  Realistically he had no business going quite that high.  Probably will happen this year with Corral.  The rest of the QB class was mediocre.  Pickett will go higher than Manziel somewhere  9-21.  Willis is in the mold of Bridgewater and Howell will go in the top of the 2nd round like Carr.

3 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

I didn't say it was a good offensive line, but our QB's were horrid irregardless of the line. It's a lazy excuse. Burrow would have done just fine behind this line this season.

Okay...

Agree to disagree.. 

When a Oline is getting beat consistently by the same blitz game 1 to game 17.. It means something...

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

This QB class screams 2014.  This is the top four:

image.png.8bd50f8f513704b607175690583c19a2.png

Bortles was a reach out of desperation.  Realistically he had no business going quite that high.  Probably will happen this year with Corral.  The rest of the QB class was mediocre.  Pickett will go higher than Manziel somewhere  9-21.  Willis is in the mold of Bridgewater and Howell will go in the top of the 2nd round like Carr.

Willis is in the mold of Bridgewater?? I hope you are talking about where he will be drafted not how he plays. He might be the opposite of Teddy. Strong arm/elusiveness, but is still very raw… 

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The get excited about potential and college tape because it’s the most exciting position in sports. Talk about QBs and you’ll get views/clicks. It’s why this topic is getting traction. Again 3 “can’t miss” QB prospects in one class hasn’t happened. I get you don’t want us drafting one, I don’t want Rhule selecting one either. 

Projected 'can't miss' and 'actual can't' miss are two different things.  Actual 'can't misses' are EXTREMELY rare whereas projected 'can't misses'  are talked up most drafts. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

The middle of our line was unacceptable. They would just backpedal into our QB. I don’t think Burrow, Brady or anyone can handle that constantly…

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Willis is in the mold of Bridgewater?? I hope you are talking about where he will be drafted not how he plays. He might be the opposite of Teddy. Strong arm/elusiveness, but is still very raw… 

In college Bridgewater was deemed more elusive than he is today.  While his arm isn't as strong as Willis', Bridgewater was able to pass it extremely proficiently against FBS schools.  Willis dominated crap teams on par with Liberty, but looked average at best when playing FBS teams.

Edited by 45catfan

27 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

I watched every one, I don't care enough to go back to game threads and give examples. At one point Darnold had the 2nd highest time in the pocket in the entire league. He just blows. Panics and never moves around correctly in the pocket to buy even more time like most QB's. And Cam just doesn't have an arm anymore.

Lol sure you did.  Sure you did.