• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MLB will be a target...

WOW!!

5 hours ago, rayzor said:

Or one quarter of a season.

You are completely right on all you said. Would be an epically short sighted pick using a first or really any early pick on defense unless we go all in on FA and knock it out of the park, but still we need to make drafting OL early a priority and quit being cute.

Don't worry. Our 7 4th rounders will get us a new OL.

Fittsmagic

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 3

If they wanted a MLB why didn’t they pick Parsons at #8 instead of Horn? Having a stud MLB is more value to a team then a “above average corner” for a myriad of reasons. Horn will be good but if you can’t stop the run a “shutdown corner” no longer exists in today’s NFL. 

Darrian Beavers in the 4th-5th. 

Get familiar if don't know the kid. A little development needed but I forsee a star. 

3 defensive players in this draft that I'd LOVE to have. Darrian Beavers (MLB), Drake Jackson (DE), and Brandon Joseph (FS)....a real true fs. 

Beavers would be an immediate upgrade to Carter whether he plays middle or outside. Ideally, Id like to see him on the inside. 

We may be in a 3-4 though...who knows

46 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Darrian Beavers in the 4th-5th. 

Get familiar if don't know the kid. A little development needed but I forsee a star. 

3 defensive players in this draft that I'd LOVE to have. Darrian Beavers (MLB), Drake Jackson (DE), and Brandon Joseph (FS)....a real true fs. 

Beavers would be an immediate upgrade to Carter whether he plays middle or outside. Ideally, Id like to see him on the inside. 

We may be in a 3-4 though...who knows

Big thumper.. Don't know about his coverage skills .. That's why he might be a 5th to 6th round option..

• Beer 1

I can not believe Perryman didnt work out, hes perfect for this team.....

guys a mid-rookie isnt going to cut being a starting NFL MLB, need to sign a vet. Luckily the price for MLB is among the lowest.1st team all-pro Camphell was signed for 2million 1yr and a free agent this year. 

Do need to throw a dart and maybe a couple UDFA top SB types, its a bare group given its just SHaq and some guy.  

MLB should be a position to upgrade without breaking the bank or using a first on this year. This would be a great spot for a prove it type player and deal for us, not on the Oline again after 2 big failures in free agency last year.

I hope we can find a FS the same way, an area where we can upgrade but really shouldn't spend huge money or high draft picks on with the other issues we are facing. If not, see you in 2023. 

7 hours ago, Waldo said:

MLB should be a position to upgrade without breaking the bank or using a first on this year. This would be a great spot for a prove it type player and deal for us, not on the Oline again after 2 big failures in free agency last year.

I hope we can find a FS the same way, an area where we can upgrade but really shouldn't spend huge money or high draft picks on with the other issues we are facing. If not, see you in 2023. 

I’m still waiting to see what we do with Gilmore. I’m expecting D Jackson to be a free agent. If we resign Gilmore on a team friendly deal, I would look to move one of our plethora of CBs to FS. 

30 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

I’m still waiting to see what we do with Gilmore. I’m expecting D Jackson to be a free agent. If we resign Gilmore on a team friendly deal, I would look to move one of our plethora of CBs to FS. 

Smart play is to let Gilly go find a contender and to develop the young guys on their rookie contracts. We are not competing for anything next year outside of the #1 pick.

This year would have been a great chance to play a CB at FS but now we can just go with a rookie, we missed that chance to play Burris when healthy this year while making Chinn play out of position to cover his butt. 

• Pie 1