• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

7 seeds have got to go

Agreed. I loved the NFL being unique in having so few team make the playoffs so pretty much all the games were competitive at least on paper (especially having 4 teams with first round byes). It's turning into the NBA now where there are just stupid mismatches in the first round, and that's not a good thing at all. 14/32 is still better than 16/30 in the NBA but it really should be 12 teams not 14.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, davos said:

I like only 1 team getting the bye though. If anything, they should’ve had the lowest two seeds play into the playoffs.

That will never happen because it would take an extra week with just those two games for an entire weekend. Then two teams would have to get a bye for two weeks

I don't like the 17 game schedule, 9-8, 12-5, 11-6 seems so wrong, but the additional team in the playoffs is so stupid. 7th seed is pointless, and I doubt a 7th seed will every have a chance to make the Super Bowl like a 6th seed does. 6th seeds is usually the very fringe of playoff caliber, but the 7th seed is dipping into teams that have no right to be in the playoffs, like the Steelers.

48 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

It's just poo football. If you're going to let these crap teams in you may as well just let every team in the playoffs.

I like the one team gets a bye.  It makes everybody play the last game of the season. (For the most part) 

Sure Pittsburgh and Philly showed THIS year they aren't deserving but what happens when that 7th seed makes it to the Super Bowl and wins.   

• Pie 4

11 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

And yet everyone seems to be watching… I don’t think it’s goig anywhere 

Couple things making it look worse than it is:

Being back in front of fans (not so much now as earlier in the year) really upped penalties.

The first year of new schedule is always wonky.  It’ll smooth out.  A group of good young QBs are taking over.  Parity will return to the playoffs.

I only got the Bucs wrong so far bc I just can’t pick TB/ATL/NO to win a playoff game.  Fug that.

TL;DR 

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live