• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Prescott praises Cowboy fans who threw bottles and debris at refs

Mr. Scot

19 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

UNC fans are as bad. NC State fans can be depending on what part of the state you're in. 

Part of why it's going to be so amazing to see UNC lose to App State yet again. 

Football or Basketball? 
We already beat them in basketball a couple weeks ago.

UNC Football is like walking up to two wholes in a wall.  Behind one hole is a beautiful woman that may or may not be turned on.  Behind the other is a blender that is most definitely turned on.

Carolina Football.

I was watching a Jomboy edit of that game and he made a great point. When Dak bolted and eventually slid, the ref who had to touch the ball was still about 20 yds behind him! So they have to rely on this old timer to Usain Bolt his way to the line. May work. Except they blocked his path to the ball and placed the ball "for him" which yeah ... no. Boneheaded play. I fully expect all teams to now add "where is the ref", "let's set up how to hand it to him", and "here's how we all need to stand" at practice for plays like this. It has nothing to do with hiking the ball in time.

• Pie 2

Stupid call, stupid execution of a stupid call.  I don't watch the NFL live anymore (I watched 5 plays of the Panthers-Cowboys game when it was on here, the officials thoroughly botched two of them, and it reminded me why I don't watch the NFL live.....and I do not usually criticize officials).  From what I see, the officials did nothing wrong here and, in fact, did everything they should have.

With 14 seconds to go and zero time outs, if the ball stays in bounds the game is probably over.  Even if Dak slid 5 yards sooner, by the time they spot the ball (they being the officials, not the QB) and the teams (and all the 300 pound lineman and officials) get into position and set, the clock will likely strike 0 as the ball is spiked.  14 seconds is about the point of no return.  Let's not forget, if one of those OL does not get set for the spike, the game is over even if there is time left because of the mandatory run-off.  To top it off, it's not like they are trying to get a few yards to set up the potential game-winning FG here.

That call may be worse than Darrell Bevell calling an in-route against a goal-line defense with 30 seconds left in the Super Bowl, down by 4, with the ball on the Pats 1 yard line, the Pats not able to stop the run, and time outs in his pocket.

I have always marveled at how DCs will figure out how to slow or stop an offense, given enough film and exposure to it.  Lately, I marvel at how OCs too often are not their equals in that respect.

As for Dak, I have defended him in the past to my friends who are Cowboys loyalists (fans is another story).  But, the criticism I have not defended him from is that he has not proven he can win a big game against a quality team.  His pattern has been to become inert in those situations. 

While I am in this mode, Cowboy fans are among the most fair-weathered in the league.  Many of them are like spoiled kids.  It is about like having 92,000 politicians in attendance.

The complaints about McCarthy that I see are par for the course with him.  The problem is, who is going to work for Jerrah Jones?  They have a problem similar to what the Raiduhs had the last decade or so of Al Davis' life. 

I hate to admit this, but reading Jerrah's statements......I agree with him on this.  Having said that, I need to take a shower.

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, SuperBowlBound said:

Screw Dallas. They've cried about officiating multiple times this year. I'm still pissed about Jerome Boger and his crew taking away a forced fumble and recovery from Chinn week 4. Also - did you see how bad Boger's crew was Saturday? I can't believe this guy got a playoff game. 

At this point, Boger has such a bad reputation and not just on this board, the only reasons I can think he gets any playoff game assignments are 1) he has 8 x 10 glossies on somebody in the league office, or 2) Moe, Larry, and Curley were busy.

25 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

At this point, Boger has such a bad reputation and not just on this board, the only reasons I can think he gets any playoff game assignments are 1) he has 8 x 10 glossies on somebody in the league office, or 2) Moe, Larry, and Curley were busy.

Looks like he won't get anymore.

Jerome Boger, officials from Raiders-Bengals game not expected to work again this NFL postseason

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33078679/jerome-boger-officials-raiders-bengals-game-not-expected-work-again-nfl-postseason

49 minutes ago, Shufdog said:

Looks like he won't get anymore.

Jerome Boger, officials from Raiders-Bengals game not expected to work again this NFL postseason

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33078679/jerome-boger-officials-raiders-bengals-game-not-expected-work-again-nfl-postseason

So, I guess Moe, Larry, and Curley are available this weekend.

4 hours ago, ladypanther said:

I believe it but I don’t believe it at the same time. There is no OC who’s like ya. Go run up the middle and slide down. There are too many risky variables. If it was a call he probably said get to the sideline at the 30. But even than you are still basically giving yourself 1 play. A quick out or slot out would have given them the shot at 2 plays hopefully. It just didn’t make any sense. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I believe it but I don’t believe it at the same time. There is no OC who’s like ya. Go run up the middle and slide down. There are too many risky variables. If it was a call he probably said get to the sideline at the 30. But even than you are still basically giving yourself 1 play. A quick out or slot out would have given them the shot at 2 plays hopefully. It just didn’t make any sense. 

If McCarthy really believes running a QB draw with 14 seconds left and no time outs is "the right call," somebody needs to sit down with him.  There are hundreds of replays available that can show him that if a play is run while the clock is moving and no timeout is called, the best you can hope for in terms of getting the next play off is about 14 seconds.  If your goal is to end the game spiking the ball, he's right, it is the right call if the best case scenario happens. 

As others have said, it demonstrates just how much Rodgers covered up McCarthy's limitations.

I will say this. At that point in the game, the Cowboys options were limited. One look at the 49ers defense on that play (a great vantage point below) and you can tell trying any route going towards the sidelines would be well defended, something they hadn't done up until that point. Even so, this is where some creative playcalling would've been a better option, something the Cowboys had shown they could do in this very game. I personally would've taken my end zone shot here since that defensive formation would've been more favorable to exploit or draw a penalty.

Also, McCarthy was correct in that there should had been no issues spotting the ball. Except he glosses over the fact that they were the ones that made the mistake by trying to do it themselves. That's something that shouldn't even require practice - and I wonder that was even practiced - because it's such a fundamental part of the game. The closest equivalent I could think of is when Kirk Cousins took a knee instead of spiking the ball and cost his team a chance to kick a field goal.

4 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

Football or Basketball? 
We already beat them in basketball a couple weeks ago.

UNC Football is like walking up to two wholes in a wall.  Behind one hole is a beautiful woman that may or may not be turned on.  Behind the other is a blender that is most definitely turned on.

Carolina Football.

UNC football will be expected to compete for the ACC next season - as long as QB play is solid; we should be in the conversation in the coastal. Big time move to fire Bateman. Had to do it. 

I’ve done some regrettable things that were directly caused by the panthers. It also involved alcohol. And I was about 10-20 years younger. But I’ve seen some stuff online, Barstool has a thread of it, that if this stuff was filmed in real time and isn’t staged ….holy poo. An adult destroying a TV, firing a weapon in to a television, raging and causing your family to leave. Man get a grip!