• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All is quiet on the OC front

davos

4 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Tepper gives Rhule year 3 to prove it "his way", which ultimately fails. We go into 2023 with cap space, a high pick, and a gutted staff. Next year is going to suck...this offseason all I care about is not trading away future picks or making idiotic signings in FA. 

Unfortunately, this seems by far the most likely scenario.

Except I think Fitts and Rhule are going to eat up a significant chunk of that cap space with desperation quick fix bandaid solutions. If their hands aren't tied on trading future picks that's gonna happen too.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Unfortunately, this seems by far the most likely scenario.

Except I think Fitts and Rhule are going to eat up a significant chunk of that cap space with desperation quick fix bandaid solutions. If their hands aren't tied on trading future picks that's gonna happen too.

Yeah like a sign and trade for Baker Mayfield, or something close to that stupid.  That's what I'm really worried about.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Yeah like a sign and trade for Baker Mayfield, or something close to that stupid.  That's what I'm really worried about.

I think it'll be someone like Jimmy G. If the Browns want to move Baker I think he's have enough sway and options available to steer his way clear of this dumpster fire.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think it'll be someone like Jimmy G. If the Browns want to move Baker I think he's have enough sway and options available to steer his way clear of this dumpster fire.

That late interception last night was so bad.  He had another miss on a wide open guy that was terrible as well.

We don't need to replace Sam Darnold to get that kind of QB play.

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

That late interception last night was so bad.  He had another miss on a wide open guy that was terrible as well.

We don't need to replace Sam Darnold to get that kind of QB play.

Yeah it was. I mean, you're in a situation where about the only way you can lose that game is by turnovers and he tries to force a ball on 3rd and long and badly overthrows it right into the waiting hands of a defender setting them up in scoring range. Just inexcusable. I hate to use a Job Fox euphemism here, but in that situation a punt is not a bad play.

• Beer 1

26 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

I feel like a lot of the OC interviews are being done in bad faith by Rhule anyway. It's going to reach a point where nobody wants to come here (duh), but it's too late to fire Rhule, so Tepper gives in to Rhule's way of keeping Nixon and that's the sword Rhule will die on. He's now Rivera's Eric Washington.

Tepper gives Rhule year 3 to prove it "his way", which ultimately fails. We go into 2023 with cap space, a high pick, and a gutted staff. Next year is going to suck...this offseason all I care about is not trading away future picks or making idiotic signings in FA. 

This is what I've accepted.  But do have a few rushes of optimism that are fleeting.  

2 hours ago, Zod said:

Going to be tough to talk a qualified candidate into damaging his career with this regime. 

I fear this is a true story and so very unfortunate!!  Really the only person that will get hired for OC is someone that has never been an OC and someone Rhule thinks is up and coming…it’s a shame BRADY is gone…oh well…lots of red flags that we see but appears the owner is ignoring up to this point!

There’s no rockstar oc signing here for this chit show. It’ll be one of rhules buddies. Or someone who is a assistant to the assistant rb coach from a team in the playoffs 

I fear we have no one in management that has a clue. Maybe fitts does but he ain’t calling the shots. It’s obvious to anyone with half a clue rhule is in waaay over his head 

Edited by Cuttinedge
  • Pie 1