• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All is quiet on the OC front

davos

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

When Tepper boastfully proclaimed that he wouldn't be settling for mediocrity, dumb old me just assumed that he was shooting for the top not the bottom. Four years into the Tepper era experiencing four straight losing seasons and three straight seasons managing only five meager wins, here I sit kinda longing for mediocrity again. The Panthers were always a mediocre franchise, but we DID have occasional success. Any hint of fleeting success seems too far distant to imagine currently. 

Sadly, this is where I am.   I wish I wasn’t 

11 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I legitimately believe this year's team will go down as the worst in NFL history.

...I arrived at this conclusion last week...all the pieces are in place to go 0-17.... fhule does have the ability to take the 1-31 trophy from Jackson...

Edited by Pimpdaddy

A new potential HC name I think we could miss out on this year is Mike McDaniel in SF.  Not just saying it coming off yesterday's win either.  The way that team hasn't needed to fully commit to a RB or QB, or heck really anyone outside Dabo and Kittle has been impressive.  And even when you don't think they'll make noise, they somehow stick in contention, grind it out, and have rather stellar games.  Great defense but an offense that just figures out a way to win.  Using guys like Elijah Mitchell, Kyle J, Jauan Jennings, all at different moments this year, they just seem to always pack a punch without even a good QB at the helm.  From a great coaching tree, 38, awesome adaptive scheming.  That's a guy I'd like to see just brought in. 

Pipe Dreaming for an OC who we could promote to HC: Shane Day, Passing Game Coord & QB coach in LAC.  

Though these are examples of two fine candidates who will stay far away from Rhule.

We'll probably get some chump like Doug Marrone, Anthony Lynn, etc. (If we're even lucky)

Or if no one hires Jim Caldwell, he may be the ticket for Rhule.  He's apparently over the health issues and his could be a top OC candidate if no one hires him as HC.  He's landed some interviews. 

11 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I legitimately believe this year's team will go down as the worst in NFL history.

Yup.  I mean, I see no QB that could get us to even flirt with .500 (that would come here) and judging by the last attempt to build an OL, I'm not confident they'll make the right calls even if we land on R1.  

And if they trade away DJ or one of our few assets for picks, could very well happen being bottom barrel.  I may be looking too much into it but Scott seemed open to move a player, not just shuffling picks.

CMC somehow making it through a full season would be about the only way we are respectable this coming year.  Otherwise, it's a 1-5 win situation yet again.