• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All is quiet on the OC front

davos

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

How does this phenomena manifest itself in real life?

Rhule clearly hasn't been insulated at all, in fact, he spoke at some length about how all the negativity affects his family, etc...

It manifests in real life by the fact that you haven't heard a peep about it anywhere else from the Panthers organization. Rhule making some general off-the-cuff, half-joking comments about how he can't take his family to a Hornets game really isn't addressing the scope of fans' and other independent media sources' criticism of him, up to calling for his job.

Edited by top dawg

10 hours ago, BrianS said:

Pretty much what we should expect.

No good coordinator will want to come to a team with a coach on the hottest seat in the league.  There are not that many great OC's in the league anyway, let alone willing to risk their employment on Matt Rhule's regime.

The entire report that Rhule's job security for next year hinged on a "rock star" OC hire never made sense to me.  I just don't see how we could possibly hire one . . . as an OC.

Now, get rid of Rhule and offer one of those rock stars the HC position, that's a different prospect entirely.

People are taking the “rockstar” comment out of context. Glazer has used that word multiple times when discussing coaching hires.

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

It manifests in real life by the fact that you haven't heard a peep about it anywhere else from the Panthers organization.

What could they say that would satisfy you?

Rhule making some general off-the-cuff, half-joking comments about how he can't take his family to a Hornets game...

Wasn't "joking" and nothing funny about it...absolutely pitiful fan behavior (really quite ironic coming from Bobcats "fans"🤣)...bullying at its finest.

Whatever happened to common decency 🤦‍♂️

...really isn't addressing the scope of fans' and other independent media sources' criticism of him, up to calling for his job.

Again, other than "the team has parted ways with Matt Rhule" what could they possibly say to pacify you?

Anything?

Edited by SizzleBuzz

9 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Wasn't "joking" and nothing funny about it...absolutely pitiful fan behavior...bullying at its finest.

Again, other than "the team has parted ways with Matt Rhule" what could they possibly say to pacify you?

Anything?

4 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Who is/are the "spin doctor/s" within the Panthers organization?

Does he/she/they/them have a name/s?

@rayzor, this is getting annoying. Can we please put a stop to this?

10 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Wasn't "joking" and nothing funny about it...absolutely pitiful fan behavior (really quite ironic coming from Bobcats "fans"🤣)...bullying at its finest.

Anything?

I don't care what they say to be honest. I have other news sources. I think that it would be appropriate if they at least report on, if not address, that many fans aren't happy. 

As for chants during football or basketball contests, I don't have any problem with it. I don't see it as rude or classless. It comes with the territory. Honestly, it's fairly benign, if not hilarious. I've seen worse. No one attacked Rhule's family. He just needs to man up. If he doesn't want "fire Rhule" chants, he needs to improve at his job, not have the appearance of being a douche, and be more honest with fans.