• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben McaDoo to interview for OC job

Jmac

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's stupid.

Going this route wastes a year's worth of career for players, staff and others while also risking that Rhule will make moves that worsen the team even further.

But since Tepper is a dumbsh-t on football matters, it wouldn't necessarily surprise me.

Its a plan.  We should have done it 2 years ago. 

40 minutes ago, Strawman said:

As the giants OC under Coughlin he took the offense from 28th to 6th. The giants then fired Coughlin because McAdoo was getting offers to be a head coach elsewhere and the giants didn’t want to lose him. He was obviously overmatched as a head coach, but as a coordinator he did well. There are a lot of guys who are fine as a coordinator but flame out as a head coach. I think people are focusing too intently on his HC stint, as opposed to what he did as OC. And I’m not sure why some of you are blasting him for Cowboys clock management issues. He’s an offensive consultant on the #1 offense in the NFL. Not saying he’s my guy, but he’s had success as an OC before. 

I mean wasn’t it basically Eli chucking the ball to Odell Beckham Jr?  That was right when Beckham Jr got drafted and was really good….before he became a basketcase. 

The ElI to Beckham connection got a ton of hype and was good ( think that’s when “the catch” happened)….but was it really more than Eli having a lot of success because of a freak WR the league didn’t really know?  

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

What buffer? The same dumb ass is in charge and will extend shitty players and trade away future picks. Give a guy like Bienemy a chance to be a HC and start righting the ship now.

2 things:  If a new coach comes in and goes 3-14 or whatever then the fanbase is already calling for blood.

If a new coach gets a new coach bounce and he wins say 7-8 games that makes it extremely harder to get a qb next draft. 

Tepper, as it appears to me, wants to just "tank" in 2023 (something he should have done in 2020) and build from scratch with a new coach and new qb going forward.  I have said all along its not ideal, it most certainly sucks but goddamn its finally a plan

The moment Rhule brought his college staff with him - immediate red flag. I tried to give him benefit of the doubt because players we drafted have , more or less strong athletic profiles. 

but his statements in the media , his press conferences , his lack of game awareness and decision making , the failure of the offense within games after the first drive , personnel choices - the list goes on etc

man this is painful. It’s easily the biggest train wreck in the franchise’s history 

Tepper was been a total whiff as an owner. 

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

2 things:  If a new coach comes in and goes 3-14 or whatever then the fanbase is already calling for blood.

If a new coach gets a new coach bounce and he wins say 7-8 games that makes it extremely harder to get a qb next draft. 

Tepper, as it appears to me, wants to just "tank" in 2023 (something he should have done in 2020) and build from scratch with a new coach and new qb going forward.  I have said all along its not ideal, it most certainly sucks but goddamn its finally a plan

I think you are giving Tepper too much credit.   And if you want to tank….it’s a front office job.  It means you trade away all your assets and sign no one that will help you.  

Matt Rhule would not be onboard with a tank job.  A real tank job isn’t about coaching in season.  It’s about the off-season prior to the season.   And Matt Rhule will want to use resources to give him the best possible 2022 he can get.    Because that will be the last entry on his resume.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I think you are giving Tepper too much credit.   And if you want to tank….it’s a front office job.  It means you trade away all your assets and sign no one that will help you.  

Matt Rhule would not be onboard with a tank job.  A real tank job isn’t about coaching in season.  It’s about the off-season prior to the season.   And Matt Rhule will want to use resources to give him the best possible 2022 he can get.    Because that will be the last entry on his resume.  

Nah, nah not at all.  If you want to tank you roll with rhule for another year and saddle him with Darnold.  That my friend is how you tank.  I promise you with 100% certainty if that is the combo going into 2022 season we are locked and loaded for a top draft pick

1 minute ago, CRA said:

5 wins 

5 wins 

and 

5 wins

Tepper’s Panthers.   If he isn’t a whiff to date, what do you call that? 

Meh, he is rebuilding the offices, working on a new stadium, doing things behind the scenes, I wouldnt put the wins/losses on him entirely this early on, he is at least trying to throw money at the problem