• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben McaDoo to interview for OC job

Jmac

What is so depressing about all of this is no one is getting any younger and some older fans may not be around when we finally do with a SB. Not saying I’m ancient, but I don’t want to be in a nursing home crapping in my Depends by the time this team gets it together.

Edited by 1st down
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

41 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's no indication that Rhule is on any sort of "leash" or that he will be. And again, if you have to take those kinds of measures, just fire him.

Any notion that we become a more attractive destination after another year of Rhule, lame duck or not, is just silly.

If you think the present state of the Panthers is just as attractive to a HC with options than next year would be despite the difference of a healthy cap, contract decisions, and draft picks that aren’t gutted with better draft talent overall well is just silly. 

What specifically will an under qualified, lame duck coach with no options other than Carolina, no time/future to implement a system, undoubtably no say on future picks do differently than another year of Rhule?

Edited by onmyown

7 minutes ago, onmyown said:

If you think the present state of the Panthers is just as attractive to a HC with options than next year would be despite the difference of a healthy cap, contract decisions, and draft picks that aren’t gutted with better draft talent overall well is just silly. 

What specifically will an under qualified, lame duck coach with no options other than Carolina, no time/future to implement a system, undoubtably no say on future picks do differently than another year of Rhule?

The "healthy cap, contract decisions, and draft picks that aren’t gutted" is all subject to change.

Guess who's in charge of the change.

I don't think the present state of the Panthers is attractive. But it's goofy to think another year under Rhule is gonna improve it.

1 minute ago, Cdparr7 said:

I think McAdoo has too big of a personality for Rhule but there’s is a connection through Kevin Gilbride Sr. If I’m not mistaken.

I think McAdoo or Klint Kubiak get the offer. Don’t think Pep or BOB is coming. 

We’re not even interviewing O Brian lol, he’s getting HC offers.

• Beer 1

56 minutes ago, 1st down said:

What is so depressing about all of this is no one is getting any younger and some older fans may not be around when we finally do with a SB. Not saying I’m ancient, but I don’t want to be in a nursing home crapping in my Depends by the time this team gets it together.

You actually think this franchise will win a Super Bowl? 🤣

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

We’re not even interviewing O Brian lol, he’s getting HC offers.

Yup they're trying to go to a playoff team. Rhule probably reached out and they didn't return the calls. He's either getting Mcadoodoo because Panthers OC is better than Cowboys "consultant", or Kubiak who is basically Joe Brady with no college success, but a familiar last name. I'm not sure he'll get anyone on board after that WFNZ interview unless they pay them 2-3x what they're worth