• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben McaDoo to interview for OC job

Jmac

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We're not talking about just flaming out in terms of losing games.

In McAdoo you've got a guy who totally lost the locker room and had multiple players actively speaking out about how bad he was.

Okay, I'm mainly just stubbornly playing devil's advocate at this point: but there's a non-zero probability that one of those players speaking out was OBJ.

18 hours ago, CRA said:

Because Rhule is trying to win and will use resources and give contracts that will impact us after he is gone. 

Yeah, I don’t get this totally counter-rational (even naive) thought that another season under Rhule will somehow be played in a vacuum.

That somehow Rhule will just stand back and do nothing and won’t bother making “improvements” (as he sees them) to the team using present and future draft/financial capital.

That somehow good ol’ Chubby Tepper is going to step in and NOT allow the failed coach and fry-cook he’s chosen to support make these moves.

That somehow the power given by Tepper to Rhule to run the team was just a hand-shake agreement between two fry-cook buddies and not contractual. (Spoiler alert: Its very very likely its contractual.)

And that, after another year of Rhule Rack and Ruin with accompanying depletion of team resources, the Carolina job will somehow be easier and MORE attractive after next year.

That’s some Grade A, pie-in-the-sky self-delusion there.

• Beer 1

43 minutes ago, RumHam said:

fug, i just remembered, he benched eli. but he did get that right. he might have the toughness we need to put rhule in check, as well. just don't hand him the keys.

Funny you posted this today. The Athletic just published a really long article on the Giants incompetence over the last decade.

The decision to bench Manning seemed to be spurred by John Mara. Here are some things that stood out from that article.

image.png.ebaac2a7c496fb9b427420d5e0f308ad.png

Then there's this harbinger:

image.png.9fc93eb5aaf8f3394c26a9e4036d6a97.png

https://theathletic.com/3071072/2022/01/18/this-place-is-f-messed-up-from-model-franchise-to-dysfunction-giants-issues-permeate-mara-family-business/

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Saying mcAdoo is the best rhule can do isn’t a glowing endorsement. He’s trash. I’d rather go with pep Hamilton tbh.

Mcadoo is the best he can do because guys like Pep aren't returning his calls. This one is probably a favor through Coughlin, his only NFL connection

22 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

We are so worried about an OC, what are we doing to fix the defense?

The D is supposed to be our calling card but teams routinely ran all over us. 

A new OC is not going to fix the problems with this team. 

Sustained offensive drives and less bad field position would be the best help for our defense.  I also think they still finished as a top 5 defense in a lot of metrics even with those factors.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1