• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers OC candidate is Not a fan of Sam Darnold

ncfan

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I love when people don’t actually read the article. He said this:

I think the kid the Jets drafted has a lot of magic in his game,’’ McAdoo said. “I think he’s special. He’s obviously a talented guy, he can make plays with his feet. I’d just have a hard time drafting a guy in the first round where you don’t necessarily like the way he throws. 

He can overcome it, guys have, but that’s something that’s a challenge for me. I’m gonna be looking at that, trying to fix it, because it’s a fundamental flaw, and I believe in the fundamentals. The quarterback, his No. 1 job is to pass the football. If I don’t like the way he throws the ball, I have a hard time picking him, right?’’

Which almost leads me to believe that he would be interested in working with Sam. There’s a difference between saying he wouldn’t take him at 3 and saying right now he wouldn’t be interested in working with Sam.

He also had this gem, so he’s not perfect:

If he stays out on the field he’s probably going to be a helluva player and he’s probably going to be the most ready to play,’’ McAdoo said of Rosen.

I'm glad you posted the full quote to give better context to the statement. I also agree that this probably the exact type of coach Darnold needs if there is any chance of him ever elevating his game.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, stbugs said:

One nugget for Sam haters (I’m on fence if he can improve or not), do you truly think he was coached up well by Brady and Rhule?

No and I do not think he will find it here. He is the same player he was in school, to change that now would take more than we could offer. If this were a talented and seasoned staff and Sam was in a backup roll not having to start weekly? I think he could improve some but I don't think it would be enough to want him as a starter still. 

Edit: Adding in the desperation and dysfunction we find building internally from the coaching staff isn't going to help. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It’s a poo show, no denying that. I’m just watching the off-season since we know what we have (Rhule and Sam) even if people are covering their eyes and hoping. 

I already see some people returning to the normal offseason gear and I am still laughing. I am not hoping to get better, I am hoping we don't ruin next year or worse. That is it. Don't trade future draft capital and I am as happy as I am going to get.

It's a clear lame-duck year for our HC. How does everything we do affect 2023? That is really all that matters right now. 

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

I love when people don’t actually read the article. He said this:

I think the kid the Jets drafted has a lot of magic in his game,’’ McAdoo said. “I think he’s special. He’s obviously a talented guy, he can make plays with his feet. I’d just have a hard time drafting a guy in the first round where you don’t necessarily like the way he throws. 

He can overcome it, guys have, but that’s something that’s a challenge for me. I’m gonna be looking at that, trying to fix it, because it’s a fundamental flaw, and I believe in the fundamentals. The quarterback, his No. 1 job is to pass the football. If I don’t like the way he throws the ball, I have a hard time picking him, right?’’

Which almost leads me to believe that he would be interested in working with Sam. There’s a difference between saying he wouldn’t take him at 3 and saying right now he wouldn’t be interested in working with Sam.

He also had this gem, so he’s not perfect:

If he stays out on the field he’s probably going to be a helluva player and he’s probably going to be the most ready to play,’’ McAdoo said of Rosen.

Frankly even with more context his statements on Darnold hardly paint Sam in a better picture. I would argue it makes Sam’s situation even more depressing.

Edited by firefox1234

51 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It's a clear lame-duck year for our HC. How does everything we do affect 2023? That is really all that matters right now. 

Are you sure about this?

I'm not 

after all, Rhule  and Tepper have things in common….sweating…dress like slobs….were short order cooks

Edited by raleigh-panther

19 minutes ago, RumHam said:

now ask him what he thinks of Cam and you know what to do. Starting to possibly like this hire as long as he's not a yes sir guy

If he doesn't like Darnold's mechanics he's not going to be a fan of Cam's, for sure.  The biggest flaw in Cam's game has always been his throwing mechanics.  I think if Cam had the right coaching earlier in his career he could have fixed it, but at this point with his arm held on by duct tape, I think it's too late.

• Beer 1