• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers OC candidate is Not a fan of Sam Darnold

ncfan

1 hour ago, Icege said:

McAdoo also wanted the Giants to draft Mahomes.

The dude sucked as a head coach, but he clearly has an eye for the QB position.

He also loved Rosen so a bit hit or miss there tbh.

And not wanting Darnold at 3 is different from not liking him... Seems he saw him as a bigger developmental project than the Jets, that's all.

Honestly he isn't the worst possible candidate because at least he has a ton of NFL experience.

• Pie 2

36 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Agreed, but sad that this is what we're reduced to thinking.

Oh I agree but he Actually is better than what I expected.  I was pretty sure we were going to get Nixon or someone Rhule knew from college that had position coaching experience just because nobody at all in their right mind should want to be here next year lol

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, stbugs said:

One nugget for Sam haters (I’m on fence if he can improve or not), do you truly think he was coached up well by Brady and Rhule?

Brady and Rhule. Gase and whoever in NY. His coaches back at USC. Who do you want to blame next? He is now a fifth year quarterback and he made worse decisions with the football the more time he had in the pocket. Daniel Jones (lol) looked like a franchise QB compared to Darnold last season. Haters? Come on. This is just reality.

About 10 years ago McAdoo was one of the most highly sought after offensive minds in football. He’s worked with a ton of QB talent and OL talent. He had a disastrous stent as the Giants HC. But don’t confuse inability to be a HC with inability to be a good coordinator. 

IDT he saves Darnold. But with the amount of QB talent he’s been around I would trust him to spot a good prospect in the draft.