• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kirk Cousins Trade Potential?

AndrewLaskoski

Just now, ForJimmy said:

So Rhule can trade away what he wants for Cousins. No worries. 

My conspiracy theory is that tepper has cut rhule off at the nuts and will not allow any more crazy ass trades or signings.  The only move thats been made thats been successful was Reddick (only a 1 year deal) and maybe Jones.  Other than that its been pretty much poo. 

My gut says there is no way Tepper actually thinks rhule is going to turn this around.  He traded a 2022 second and paid Darnold so thats on you rhule go make it work. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's no way the Steelers are dumb enough to trade for Kirk Cousins. The Broncos? Maybe. The Panthers? Definitely.

Imagine getting suckered into terrible QB trades in back to back offseasons by the NY Jets and the Detroit Lions. I mean if we're in a race to establish ourselves as hands down the worst organization in the NFL, that's how you'd do it

Cousins is a Viking, not a Lion. You might have been thinking of Jared Goff.

Cousins had a fantastic system around him in Minnesota, I don’t see that translating here where he could put up those kind of numbers. Seems like he be a better fit on a team like the colts, Steelers, or broncos that has a ready made situation for a QB at his career stage.0

2 hours ago, Newbie said:

We’re totally doing this. My guess is we’ll put together a package similar to what we offered for Stafford. Rhule will get this done at any cost to save his job. Our worst case scenario is about to play out. 

Well, that’s why you fire Matt Rhule then.  Because Cousins isn’t Matt Stafford.  Cousins is a slightly better Teddy Bridgewater. 

and we are suppose to be “rebuilding” our offense.  Trading away Stafford type comp for a bland and old Cousins isn’t how you build. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Never understood the hate Cousins gets. Hes pretty much Tony Romo and would easily be the 2nd best QB weve ever had. If we can get a favorable trade and draft OL in the first suddenly we would have some hope again

Cousins and Romo have completely different play styles and mentalities. 

Romo was basically a gunslinger and Cousins has been battling his risk adverse tendencies his entire career. 

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

33 is QB prime these days in the NFL. Winning in the NFL is not due to a single person. He took the WFT and the vikings to the playoffs. Both were middle of the road teams with middle of the road coaching staffs....

Again, I said I would take him on the cheap.

Middle of the road teams…

The Vikings were 11-5 before Cousins arrived and the redskins also were in the playoffs with RG3.

You posting stats without context. Signing Cousins will lead us further into purgatory picking in the middle of the draft like the Vikings have the majority of his tenure. Cousins the master of lightning up bad teams at 1 pm and sh*tying the bed vs a good team in prime time.

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

Cousins and Romo have completely different play styles and mentalities. 

Romo was basically a gunslinger and Cousins has been battling his risk adverse tendencies his entire career. 

Romo attempted only 100 more passes in his career than Kirk has so far

Romo career 65% completion

Kirk career 66% completion

Romo 7.9 career YPA

Kirk 7.7 career YPA

Romo 248 TDs/117 INT

Kirk 223 TDs/91 INT

Romo 97 career QB rating

Kirk 98 career QB rating

You can talk mentalities and play styles but production is virtually identical and in fact it would be hard to find 2 QBs with such similar production to each other. Both pretty damn good QBs that for whatever reason got all the blame for the teams misfortunes

Edited by KillaCamNewton

18 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

Cousins is a Viking, not a Lion. You might have been thinking of Jared Goff.

Cousins had a fantastic system around him in Minnesota, I don’t see that translating here where he could put up those kind of numbers. Seems like he be a better fit on a team like the colts, Steelers, or broncos that has a ready made situation for a QB at his career stage.0

Yep, I was thinking about Goff.