• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kirk Cousins Trade Potential?

AndrewLaskoski

On 1/20/2022 at 7:29 AM, d-dave said:

we'd have to eat his $35 million cap hit, which would require us to off load Darnold.  How is that going to happen?

If he's cut, you know he's not playing for a "prove it" deal.  He's going to extract every red cent he can.

Yep...I do not see him as not a viable option for us at all even if we thought he was the answer.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd take Cousins over Jimmy Garoppolo.

(in a "lesser of two evils" scenario)

Same.

I'd much rather bet on a player coming from a D/Running Game first team rather than anyone coached by Bill and a Shanny.

Kyle has him looking as good as he possibly can, we couldn't come close to doing that...at least Kirk has had to somewhat make it work, we have no clue if Jimmy is actually good at football...IMO.

Much like Andy Reid assistant coaches and QB's...just say no.

59 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You'd rather have Garoppolo? 🤔

He should be significantly cheaper, and he is younger. When I look at their career QBR, it's almost identical. Cousins probably has the stronger arm, but if he's not going to push the ball down field, then we might as well opt for Jimmy G. Garropolo's win percentage is substantially higher as well. 

Honestly, I really wouldn't prefer either one in a vacuum. If I have to pay 30+ mil per year, as in what we may have to pay to acquire Cousins (or an additional high draft pick), I'd rather take my chances with Derek Carr, or just go cheap until something better comes along.

Edited by top dawg

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

NO MORE TRADING FOR QB'S!!! They are in a deep enough hole already! Stop digging it deeper.

Couldn’t we trade Darnold for Cousins. Tell the Vikings that the upside for them is they don’t absorb the cap hit. Upside for us is we get rid of Darnold and Cousins is on a prove it year with us. Then after 2022 we’re free of my if he isn’t the answer. In the meantime we get to keep our 1st rounder and find a way back into day 2 to potentially draft a QB of the future. 

The problem with the Vikings this year wasn’t Cousins. He threw 33TDs and only 7 Ints. The problem with the Vikings was they were a team built on winning conservatively with defense and a run game….Dalvin Cook was banged up and their defense sucked. 

Cousins would be a significant upgrade if it doesn’t cost us years or picks. If we can fit him into our cap situation and offload Darnold I would definitely count that as a win for 2022. Who knows about 2023…find the QB of the future after the team is stabilized and the OL is built.

No, you cannot trade Darnold period. They are eating 18M regardless.  No matter what they do they will still eat that 18M.

Now knowing that what would a team give them for Darnold? A 7th, maybe.

There is no wiggling out of the cost of the Darnold experiment.  Whatever happens will just add to that circus.

• Flames 1

14 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Couldn’t we trade Darnold for Cousins. Tell the Vikings that the upside for them is they don’t absorb the cap hit. Upside for us is we get rid of Darnold and Cousins is on a prove it year with us. Then after 2022 we’re free of my if he isn’t the answer. In the meantime we get to keep our 1st rounder and find a way back into day 2 to potentially draft a QB of the future. 

The problem with the Vikings this year wasn’t Cousins. He threw 33TDs and only 7 Ints. The problem with the Vikings was they were a team built on winning conservatively with defense and a run game….Dalvin Cook was banged up and their defense sucked. 

Cousins would be a significant upgrade if it doesn’t cost us years or picks. If we can fit him into our cap situation and offload Darnold I would definitely count that as a win for 2022. Who knows about 2023…find the QB of the future after the team is stabilized and the OL is built.

A few things here.  We would have to get really creative with the cap and whats the point of that just for Cousins.  Secondly he is going to want a new deal 3-5 years at starter money.  Its going to be pricey and he is not worth it.  Let someone else deal with this headache

8 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

No, you cannot trade Darnold period. They are eating 18M regardless.  No matter what they do they will still eat that 18M.

There is no wiggling out of the cost of the Darnold experiment.  Whatever happens will just add to that circus.

Why would any team give anything for Darnold.  Its now 4 years of data and tape.   He is probably our starter going into 2022.  fug you Rhule this is what you wanted this is what you get.   Make it work or hit the road

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Why would any team give anything for Darnold.  Its now 4 years of data and tape.   He is probably our starter going into 2022.  fug you Rhule this is what you wanted this is what you get.   Make it work or hit the road

That's my point. Darnold is worthless to anyone but the Panthers.  They will have to squeeze out whatever juice is left in that lemon.

• Pie 1

On 1/24/2022 at 4:13 PM, Jon Snow said:

Rhule made his choice with Darnold.  Now he should be made to deal with it.   Start Darnold all season.  No trading for anyone else.  

• Beer 1