• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear David Tepper

Mr. Scot

We are on our way to becoming the Jacksonville Jaguars. I wouldn’t say Lions or Browns because they have much more history, and fans that are loyal to the bone. He goes for the “offensive minded” coach because that’s what’s hot. Despite the fact that the last 20 Super Bowls have been 10-10. He goes for the guy who makes things sound good, despite no real experience. He is more concerned with the money side of things (Rock Hill, Stadium, Soccer, etc) than taking this franchise to the next level like he promised.

For many fans as soon as the season is done, they check out. Couldn’t tell you what happens in the off-season, they just know to turn the TV on around August and they wait and see if we are any good or not. For other fans it’s all they have. It was all I had for a little while. I was divorced, I put everything I had into my business and my wife had enough, my kids blamed me for working too much and hated me for it, and the business I spent all my time trying to build up wasn’t doing so hot. I didn’t really have the money for much else as far as hobbies but I had the Panthers. Daily checks on social media and sports news off-season or not, it was my escape.

It’s not so much the PSL owners, players, coaches, and staff being let down. It’s the ones that pour their life into it because their lives are so miserable they look to Panthers to be their break from it. It’s the families that can’t afford to go, or buy memorabilia, or the ones that are retired or sick and are just hoping to have 1 more winning season before they go. It’s the kid wearing a DJ Moore jersey while other kids pick on him at school and tell him his team sucks. 

I don’t see anybody in the organization trying to correct it. I see a country club full of excuses who know more than everyone else but have no results to show for it. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Here's your chance to sound off, folks...

This thread is about telling Panthers owner David Tepper online what you wish you could tell him in person. How you feel about the team, the staff, his ownership, whatever.

is he going to see it? No, but it can be therapeutic to let it out anyway.

My one suggestion: Try really hard to rise above the level of "you suck, you're a dumbass, you should sell the team and only a--holes put ketchup on steak" and instead say something that, while it may not necessarily be constructive is at least rational and sounds intelligent.

Yeah, I know what this'll likely devolve into but what the hell, I thought I'd give it a shot anyway 😕

Jesus, man. The ten thousand other "fire everybody" threads weren't enough for you?

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Disagree. I think there's plenty to say, especially given the fact that to this point Tepper has said nothing at all.

Yes, there's plenty to say.  As you said, he's not going to read it.  I agree it's a waste of time to say what I would like to.  If I knew it was going to be read, I could say plenty.  I know your intent and it's admirable.

David.  I’m going to call you David bc I believe in giving respect when respect is given.

Nothing in your tenure as owner has even resembled respect for the fan.

You have engineered the worst stretch of Panthers football in our quarter century. You are to blame.  Not the fat bag of dicks you hired to grudge fug our team to the bottom.

No, he can only do what you allow.  

This is all your mess, David.

Im sure you and all your rich buddies get together and read the angry letters of the plebes scurrying about your feet and laugh and laugh.

If I’m wrong about you David, then show your face.  Take your medicine and show us, the fans, that you aren’t just another bored rich bitch ruining something you had no stake in building.

That would go a long way.  But the longer you hide, the more we stew and once the people turn, they very rarely turn back.

There.  That’s my rational speech.

Emotional outburst:

fug YOU ‘TARD!

It’s tearing up my heart when I’m with you, but when we are apart I feel it too. And no matter what I do, I feel the pain, with or without you. 

So bye bye bye 👋 Don’t wanna be a fool for you, you’re just another player in this game. Bye, bye, bye

-Davos

• Pie 2