• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear David Tepper

Mr. Scot

Just the entire circumstances around keeping Rhule seem so bizarre. Tepper has been great about listening to fans so far. Signing E Reid, re-signing Cam, etc. But the entire fanbase has never been unified as we are right now. Everyone can see that this is a lame duck administration. I think for me, the sheer lack of any sort of improvement anywhere is all you need to see. The team has objectively gotten worse over the past 48 months. I don't think anyone expected this to be a playoff team, but you do certainly expect to see some improvement by the end of year two and we've only seen the opposite.

What is his long game here? Does he really want to just throw in the towel next year and start fresh with a new coaching staff and new QB (Young, Stroud)? If that is the plan... it may not be the worst I've ever heard. I'd really like to know what he's thinking deep down, because there's no way he thinks this is salvageable. 

Also, just because he struck out on his first coaching hire does not mean he is a bad owner! Even the best organizations miss on coaches all the time. I liked the Rhule hire when it happened, completely supported it and thought he'd build a winning culture and draft well. Sometimes you just miss, happens to everyone. What makes one a bad owner is clinging to a lost cause, like what is currently happening here.

• Pie 1

It’s simple really, admit you need help. Hire the best football guys to help you hire the next regimen. Take their input seriously. I think you know Rhule will fail…not sure any analytic/logic that will point to more favorable results with a worse team due to the cap/contract/draft situation being fuged.

Also pro tip - invisible progress is the same thing as no progress.

Edited by onmyown
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, BurnNChinn said:

I mean u don’t have to comment, but u did so?

Dear David Tepper,

Why is this BurnNChinn guy trying to gatekeep a Huddle thread?  Am I not allowed to laugh about a thread like this existing?  What do you think he's getting at?

P.S. are we still on for racquetball this Thursday?

• Pie 1

Dear Dave Tepper,

You have said  repeatedly that “long-term mediocrity” is not acceptable for this NFL Carolina Panthers  franchise.

But right now mediocrity doesn’t sound all that bad for the Panthers.

Since you purchased the franchise from founder owner, Jerry Richardson for a record $2.3 billion in the summer of 2018, the Panthers are 22-43 with four straight losing seasons.

Currently, the  2021 Panthers are 5-12,  similiar to the previous years you have been the owner, so the goal of “sustained success” has not been achieved.

Mr. Tepper you once told reporters that every time the Panthers lose you are in a “(crappy) mood”, so I can only imagine what you are feeling right now.

As a die hard, loyal, Panthers fan, I cannot help wondering how much patience someone like you, who is used to winning in the business world has left with Head Coach Matt Rhule and his staff.

Regretfully, Rhule is 10-23 as the team's coach, but still has five years remaining on a seven-year, $62 million contract.

I believe i speak for most Caroina Panthers fans when I respectfully encourage you to become more  involved with the team presently by making  changes that will make the fans proud to be a Panthers fan again.

My suggestion would be to start fresh with a new head coach and coaching staff because it has become obvious to the entire sports world this group cannot get the job done.

Thank you

A Concerned Panthers Fan

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

Dear David Tepper,

Why is this BurnNChinn guy trying to gatekeep a Huddle thread?  Am I not allowed to laugh about a thread like this existing?  What do you think he's getting at?

P.S. are we still on for racquetball this Thursday?

P.S.- I forgot will you tell that guy he still commenting on a thread he didn’t care about. Thanks

10 hours ago, BrianS said:

Why then would we show faith in a coach who would need cut so far against the grain in order to achieve what you've said is our team goal?

I'll repeat here what I've said elsewhere...

I've seen a few different conspiracy theory type postings suggesting that Tepper is playing some kind of long-term chess game where we'll somehow come out better for all this next offseason.

Those ideas seen based in the notion that Tepper is secretly brilliant (despite plenty of  evidence to the contrary) or the suggestion that when it comes to Rhule, Tepper "can't possibly be this stupid, can he?"

The unfortunate answer to that particular question would seem to be "Well...yes, he most certainly can" 😕

David,

In four years, you have managed to ruin a franchise I loved and supported since 1995. 

You ruined the team, the stadium, the stadium atmosphere, the concessions, all of it.

Worse yet, you don’t care 

When  the invoice comes in February, I won’t be paying   Many others like me won’t be either.

enjoy your soccer team.  

12 hours ago, BrianS said:

Dear Mr Tepper:

As a big believer in analytics, surely you've seen the numbers indicating that in the last 30 years NFL coaches who start with two losing seasons at a team fail to achieve success at that team.  In fact, by nearly every measure available, our coach has us in a position that the odds tell us are so astronomically stacked against him as to be laughable.

Why then would we show faith in a coach who would need cut so far against the grain in order to achieve what you've said is our team goal?

Don’t look at Cincinnati