• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NC/SC Governor nominate Cam for prestigious honor

Billy Love

14 minutes ago, Manna said:

I thought he was $c@m Newton, diva, -sexual, selfish, illiterate, etc...

I live in California and the football fans here are more respectful towards Cam than the Carolina fan base. I'm glad to see that he's being recognized for accomplishments on and off the field. 

West coast folks aren’t consumed with preconceived racist notions unfortunately like a lot of southern people are. 

11 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

West coast folks aren’t consumed with preconceived racist notions unfortunately like a lot of southern people are. 

I don't know if I'd call it racism. When I still lived in Charlotte I recall that RG3 was beloved everywhere. Even Watson is/was adored. I just don't understand the hate towards Cam, and the only reason I can think of is that Cam doesn't display himself as what they expect from a QB1 (Peyton Manning-like). There are anti-cam's out here, but they're open to having conversations about Cam and can still respect Cam the person and player even if they don't like him. 

To the OP, thanks for sharing. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Manna said:

I don't know if I'd call it racism. When I still lived in Charlotte I recall that RG3 was beloved everywhere. Even Watson is/was adored. I just don't understand the hate towards Cam, and the only reason I can think of is that Cam doesn't display himself as what they expect from a QB1 (Peyton Manning-like). There are anti-cam's out here, but they're open to having conversations about Cam and can still respect Cam the person and player even if they don't like him. 

To the OP, thanks for sharing. 

I don’t get it.  2015 Panthers with Cam dancing and dabbing was the most fun I’ve ever had watching the team, ended on a sour note. 

48 minutes ago, Manna said:

I thought he was $c@m Newton, diva, -sexual, selfish, illiterate, etc...

I live in California and the football fans here are more respectful towards Cam than the Carolina fan base. I'm glad to see that he's being recognized for accomplishments on and off the field. 

I live up in the Pacific NW and what they say about Cam would make the Carolinas look like royalty. 

As "small market" as this team supposedly is they really look stupid kicking a star player in the ass like they have. We should be grateful instead you've got these hateful bastards coming out of the woodwork who have no idea of what he's got in the tank just the same bull coming out of their smelly pie holes.

To you sir Newton.

• Pie 1

he really had a special connection with our fans. I’d love to hear from the kids he gave footballs to and how it made them feel. Also, I’d like to know where they keep the ball! I bet it’s displayed with along with most cherished things they have…and will be for the rest of their lives. Cam made a difference here in our community, both on and off the field.

image.jpeg.dc7b009f1d7aeb689d611bd07f08026b.jpeg

• Pie 1

I got Jake's back too. Any of you come at those two I'm jumping in.

This franchise has been miserable when those guys weren't on the field. I totally understand Tommy Jane but the he's washed crowd is just the same group.

Cam has more left than Jake after surgery but let's watch the franchise flail and fail at finding that next guy while telling a Panthers all time great he has no place here.

Some of you deserved those  miserable Sunday's because you don't value what was God given.

Shame on you!

The Panthers never were the shining destination even less of so now. Love the one's who love you.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 3