• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pep Hamilton declines Panthers interview

X-Clown

Read somewhere that one of the stipulations for the new Texans HC is to keep Hamilton on staff as OC.  Idk if it’s true, but Caserio is a micro managing GM.  If he likes Davis Mills or thinks Watson would stay, why the hell would he come here?  Mills improved a lot under his tutelage.  It’s almost like… Matt Rhule doesn’t know what he’s doing 

• Pie 3

Just now, jb2288 said:

This is absurd. I've lost almost all respect for Tepper here. Do the right thing and pull the trigger. Go cut Flores a check 

I'm torn on Flores

He's clearly a good coach, he had back to back winning seasons with the Dolphins.

However, he got fired because he couldn't get along with his QB or GM.  That to me is a bit of a red flag, if you have a good thing going and you're willing to get rid of the coach because of those issues, they must have been pretty bad.

Sure, maybe the GM is at fault there, but Too seems like a good guy, I doubt the issues between them were on his end.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

I'm torn on Flores

He's clearly a good coach, he had back to back winning seasons with the Dolphins.

However, he got fired because he couldn't get along with his QB or GM.  That to me is a bit of a red flag, if you have a good thing going and you're willing to get rid of the coach because of those issues, they must have been pretty bad.

Sure, maybe the GM is at fault there, but Too seems like a good guy, I doubt the issues between them were on his end.

He reminds me of Harbaugh in that regard.  Good coach, tough personality to handle.  I’d prefer him over Rhule since we would be competitive at the very least 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Newbie said:

He was the best of the candidates on our list. His work with Davis Mills this season and Justin Herbert last year gave me some hope he could help us mold a QB. 

There’s no reason that anyone that’s any good would want this job. Rhule will constantly meddle with your work, blame you for the lack of success and then you lose your job when he’s finally fired. 

Everyone can see the problem except David Tepper. 

Yup clean house and you could have Pep as HC and some decent coordinators would sign on, and still have a couple years of cheap rookie contracts while you fix the problem areas on the roster. It's becoming super obvious no one of merit is gonna do a favor for Matt Rhule after his scapegoating and general lack of real time game management 

• Pie 2