• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pep Hamilton declines Panthers interview

X-Clown

8 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

What has Tepper shown that he proves he cares about winning? He only seems to care about money, which the franchise has increased in value despite the losing seasons, and about being one of 31 people out of a few billion that gets to say they own an NFL team.

hoping that changes

Luck Fingers Crossed GIF by The Great Pottery Throw Down

• Beer 1

31 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

And you keep believing a billionaire will pay someone else tens of millions to either sit at home and do nothing or work for someone else.

If the objective truly is winning then keeping Rhule for money reasons is looking like a major 'penny wise, pound foolish' approach if the money is indeed a bug factor. Plus, it's no one's fault but Tepper's for giving that contract in the first place.

If the money is indeed a large factor he should swallow the bitter pill, cut the sunk cost, and move on.

Edited by KSpan

3 hours ago, panther252 said:

Dude is approaching Adam Gase levels of embarrassment, if he hasn't already.

If by “approaching” you mean you think Gase is worse than Rhule, I got news for ya.

Gase averaged 6.2 wins per season as a HC, Rhule averages only 5 (and this with the advantage this year of an extra game on the schedule).

Gase had one winning season as a HC, Rhule has none.

Gase had one playoff team as a HC, Rhule has none.

By every objective measure, Rhule is *already* a worse coach than Adam Gase.

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

If by “approaching” you mean you think Gase is worse than Rhule, I got news for ya.

Gase averaged 6.2 wins per season as a HC, Rhule averages only 5 (and this with the advantage this year of an extra game on the schedule).

Not comparing their success levels. Just their levels of embarrassment and perception amongst the public eye and media. 

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

only recent coach I can think of that is worse than Rhule is Urban. but its close

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

Nah bruh he sees it.  He knows it.  

The question is, Does he give a damn?

This has me baffled.  It's as if he's trolling Rhule and the fans. 

I want to believe that Tepper is working behind the scenes to secure someone competent to help clean this mess up before he pulls the trigger on Rhule. Although that would be a crappy thing to do to Rhule if he's ultimately going to fire him anyway. 

It's either that or as you say he simply doesn't give a flying f#%k.

Edited by Jon Snow

Can you blame him? We have Darnold right now and PJ Walker. No guarantee that we upgrade at qb. Rhule could be in his last year so it basically is a one year job. Playing here could hurt his resume. He could stay in Houston with a QB he is familiar with and a QB who could actually end up being decent. If he does a good job next year with Houston then it’s possible he could be offered a OC or even a head coaching job. I mean to put up an average offense with a mid round rookie QB, rookie coach and a team with lots of issues looks good on Hamilton’s resume. If he’s able to improve the offense next year then why wouldn’t he get a coaching offer? Maybe a head coaching job for a college or even an nfl team? Or maybe a OC job with more potential then what we have.

Edited by rmoneyg35

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

This has me baffled.  It's as if he's trolling Rhule and the fans. 

I want to believe that Tepper is working behind the scenes to secure someone competent to help clean this mess up before he pulls the trigger on Rhule. Although that would be a crappy thing to do to Rhule if he's ultimately going to fire him anyway. 

It's either that or as you say he simply doesn't give a flying f#%k.

Have you ever taken on a project or volunteered for something only to find out what a huge mistake you've made?  Too much to do, not enough help etc?

If you could just ignore it and face no consequences its safe to say you'd entertain the idea.

Tepper has more money than God and this clusterfug isnt fun anymore.  Billionaires dont do hard. 

I think the only reason Tepper is giving Rhule one more season is because of his ego. He genuinely thought Rhule was the savior to the franchise and 2 seasons in he realizes this is not going as he plans. He gloated to the whole league that he got the best coach to turn the Panthers around. I don't think the money matters as much to Tepper. It's hard for a billionaire to admit that he is wrong. 

It's like all of your buddies are telling you that your girlfriend is toxic but you don't want to believe it until she leaves you with nothing but child support lol