• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina to active in veteran QB market...

MHS831

...according to this article.  Thought it might be nice to see who might be available.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022-nfl-offseason-aaron-rodgers-russell-wilson-kirk-cousins-among-15-veteran-qbs-who-could-be-on-the-move/

It is a bit dated (3 weeks) but it features Carolina as a possible landing spot for several top free agent QBs.

Enjoy---sorry, no mention of how much Rhule sucks in the article.

Love the one who loves you.

It's such a dumpster fire even Cam is like, get yo sht together before you call me, ok? Ain't nobody coming to play college football and get spanked and ruin their reputation for an obvious college coach who doesn't belong.

Sad state of affairs. The bottom.

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Just like at OC, who is desperate enough to come here to watch their careers die. 

Whatever, just don't trade for another QB and don't give more than a 2 year deal not backloaded. 

This summarized (nicely) the predicament the Panthers created.  This is why I see them leaving BC at LT, Elflein at C, and signing 2 higher end guards in free agency.   Then they will draft a QB (they are all developmental in this draft) and hope that he eventually takes the job from Darnold.   This way, we get to see Darnold behind an improved line and we get a young QB to develop.  Not my plan, but I see them doing it.

• Pie 2

No good QB is going to want to come here with this offensive line and coaching staff. So we're going to spend money on a bad QB, then we'll probably draft a bad QB for good measure, and do nothing to fix the offensive line, and then wonder why we're here again in 2023.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

This summarized (nicely) the predicament the Panthers created.  This is why I see them leaving BC at LT, Elflein at C, and signing 2 higher end guards in free agency.   Then they will draft a QB (they are all developmental in this draft) and hope that he eventually takes the job from Darnold.   This way, we get to see Darnold behind an improved line and we get a young QB to develop.  Not my plan, but I see them doing it.

I'm not sure a rookie QB is what any HC wants in a must win year with a seat that on fire, especially when you are picking a developmental QB.

By that logic I expect them to take a player that they see as contributing over being a project so the need to value may be way off in their minds. Desperation usually doesn't lead to great decisions from people making poor decisions that led to the desperation. I will belive they can fix the oline when they do, I have serious reservations about believing they can. Getting rid of Elflein completely would be a good start in my eyes. 

• Pie 2