• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina to active in veteran QB market...

MHS831

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

I'm not sure a rookie QB is what any HC wants in a must win year with a seat that on fire, especially when you are picking a developmental QB.

By that logic I expect them to take a player that they see as contributing over being a project so the need to value may be way off in their minds. Desperation usually doesn't lead to great decisions from people making poor decisions that led to the desperation. I will belive they can fix the oline when they do, I have serious reservations about believing they can. Getting rid of Elflein completely would be a good start in my eyes. 

What you don’t seem to understand is that “the process is 1000% working”, thus next year will be tremendous success, so why not draft your QB of the future?

charlton heston laughing GIF

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

No, I agree--but when the cap is factored in, the fact that we have 1 pick in the top 100, etc.  What is he going to do?  Free agency going after a starting QB--will he sell the farm--I see no QB worth the farm or the #6 pick---what is Rhule the Fuhle going to do?

Anything and a lot of not good is possible. There is a lot we don't know that could factor into what Rhule does. Is he given a real ultimatum? Or is he out there doing Rhule stuff? They thought they built a good oline last offseason, good enough to ignore oline way more than they should have ever allowed. So what has really changed other than the obvious public criticism?

The level of dysfunction that the organization is running with looks to be growing. Hell throw in the new rockstar OC's influence that could be built into taking the job. Positive or negative, looking at the candidates I expect negative but you know broken clocks being right and all. What about the other people in house trying to distance themselves from Fhule's rule? It's chaos right now and a lot is possible, even the WTF options. 

There is what I would love but really a lot more is on the table...I just discount great decisions because that is not a standard deviation at this point in the 5 year process. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

21 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

What you don’t seem to understand is that “the process is 1000% working”, thus next year will be tremendous success, so why not draft your QB of the future?

charlton heston laughing GIF

I 1000% expect to be blown away by the awesomeness of it all. I am sure I will be excited to give my money away by September...lol

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

DARNOLD IS A CERTIFIED BUST. I'd rather watch the Strong kid take his lumps OR since he is so raw, sit behind QB1 for two or so years while we develop him. NOBODY is going to pay good money to watch Sam Darnold. He's not iconic or entertaining.

You think anybody is going to pay good money to watch another clown circus coached by certified clown coach Rhule. 

• Beer 1

We better not be trading for most of these guys unless we are GETTING something for doing so.  QBs like Kirk Cousins are a liability because of their salary, and their availability is a testament to that.  Why aren't the Vikings content with this QB?  Why did SF trade 3 1st round picks to draft a QB?

The truth is, these QBs aren't good enough and there is no reason to waste resources on acquiring them.  We should acquire a cheap veteran if we need to bring in someone else at QB.  Either that, or do what every other normal front office does and draft a guy.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan
  • Beer 1