• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN Top Rookies

stbugs

Not a real fun read of 39 rookies they listed in 3 buckets when you realize not one of them is one of our 11 picks, but a lot of representation from guys we mentioned wanting in our draft threads. I know Horn got hurt but it does feel like we didn’t really gain any impact players unless he shows out when healthy.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33092065/nfl-rookie-rankings-our-final-top-10-2021-season-including-micah-parsons-no-1-two-dolphins-only-one-qb

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Panthers are the only team that drafted in the top 10 this past draft to not have a name on that list. GG Rhule you fuging moron.

Well thats because the stud CB we drafted got hurt in the 3rd game.  Horn was playing great before the injury. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

Horn looked good but the best ability is availability and he failed year one. Hopefully it was a freak accident but it's just another failure to heap on the pile. 

It should always have been Slater so in a way it is Rhule's fault...for seeing a stud franchise LT as an OG and going with a CB instead. 

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

Foot injuries can ruin a career. If Horn breaks his foot again next season it was absolutely a wasted pick. S*t happens it just sucks they picked a cornerback when they had SO many other bigger needs on the roster. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, joemac said:

Well thats because the stud CB we drafted got hurt in the 3rd game.  Horn was playing great before the injury. 

true but there are teams like the 49ers who have multiple guys on that list when their top pick played even less than horn.

Brady Christenstion (sp) would have probably made this list if Rhule wasn't a dumbfug and tried to plug him in at guard because his arms are an inch too short or whatever.

• Pie 1

Mac Jones at #2 or anywhere in the top 10 is an absolute joke. 

Holland - I was pounding the table to draft him 2nd round. Many posts wanting Holland.

Slater - I defended on several occassions here, and stated I would even take him over Sewell.

Humphrey - many others and myself were high on him. 

Sad thing is we could have drafted Slater in the 1st.  Drafted Holland in the 2nd.  Then could have traded from early 3rd round to late 2nd and got Humphrey. Slater, Humphrey, and Moton would have been a great start to having a very good Oline. Holland at FS would have had Chinn playing SS where he 100% belongs. 

I'm sure the process is working though, we just can't see it yet

• Beer 2

29 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

and horn shouldn't have even been an option with Slater right there for the picking.

Thats easy to say now, in hindsight, but if you recall, CB was a gigantic need at the time, as well as o line.  May not seem like it now, because they went retarded trading for every CB they could, but our pass D was a significant liability in 2020.  Im not mad at the Horn pick, because I am very confident hes gonna be an All-Pro level player for us. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3