• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers bring in Montgomery for 2nd interview

ncfan

27 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

That, I get.  The logic behind the power run game in 2022 is the part that's baking my noodle.

yeah so like rhule has been blathering on about this as his ideal offense since he got here

most coaches who are stuck in this frame of mindset for offense and are determined to prove it’s still the way at least have the decency to offer up coachspeak publicly, “yeah well you always wanna cater your offense around your guys’ skill set and not get stuck into any one frame of mind.”

rhule openly pines for a game manager QB and an offense catered around the run game.

I didn't know who this guy was so I looked into what he's done in his career. I'm sorry, I'm not seeing it.

sure he is on an upward trajectory as a pro coach and may have a bright future, but I am not seeing any kind of track record that indicates an NFL OC who will make a meaningful difference in the 2022 Panthers. in fact the opposite. each time he has been given a more significant role, he has not driven positive results at all. absolutely no signs of him excelling as a play-caller.

good record of success as a position coach in the NFL, but as OC at Duke his offenses were barely in the top 1/3rd of scoring in the NCAA. as HC at ECU his offenses got worse, and by the end of his 3 years (9 wins in 3 years btw) his scoring offense was in the bottom 20% of the NCAA.

as OC at Maryland the next two years this same pattern emerged. bottom 20%, then bottom 1/3rd of NCAA in points per game.

I am not seeing any kind of momentum for him blossoming as OC of the Panthers.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

Would be a legit great hire.  Not opposed to him at all

Yeah right…this would be the most amazing ridiculous hire in NFL history 

My last small bit of hope for Rhule is that he gets this OC hire right.  This is NOT the guy

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1