• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our Roster -- Players We Feel Good About (Part 1 - Offense)**

SetfreexX

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

From Person:

Is Brady Christensen bound to be an OG or do you see Matt Rhule giving him a shot at LT? I thought he showed some good things during the few games when he was lined at that position. Thanks. — Guillaume G.

Rhule and Fitterer both said nice things about Christensen and left open the possibility that last year’s third-round pick could be the left tackle of the future. But they also made sure to point out Christensen’s versatility, with Rhule saying he’s confident Christensen will start … somewhere. But given what we’ve heard from Rhule previously about Christensen’s arm length and the fact that this is a draft loaded with talent at the tackle position, I’d bet they draft a tackle high and slide Christensen inside to guard.

Every time I hear about BC I just get annoyed all over again. Year 3 and we're still looking for a left tackle. I don't see how we are different or better off from the last regime. The same baffling negligence remains.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Every time I hear about BC I just get annoyed all over again. Year 3 and we're still looking for a left tackle. I don't see how we are different or better off from the last regime. The same baffling negligence remains.

We should be drafting lineman in the first every other year in the draft until this poo gets sorted out

• Pie 1

Just now, frankw said:

We could have Slater and still be looking for a LT. Rhule doesn't evaluate offensive line talent well. He's looking for the prototypical LT and while it may exist on paper, it doesn't in the real world. Choosing a LT in this draft should not be left up to Rhule. 

• Pie 1

Offensively we have talent that with the right coaching could do well.  Darnold had is moments good and bad (more bad than good) but I don't know many QBs in this league that could stand up to the pressure he was under.   You spend 4 or 5 series in a row with 3 and out you tend to try and make things happen.  Coaching IMO will be the difference.

What we need is an NFL caliber OC and O-line coach.   That's your beginning.   We have skill players at RB and WR.  TE could use some help but I am high on Tremble.  Get me an O-line coach and an OC and those players we see as weak could be good.   IMO we should go all in on the best interior linemen in free agency.  I don't want these bargain players that might be good or might be bad.  Give me a free agent that has a solid resume. 

21 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

Pretty spot on.

What we have:

CMC, DJ, an ok pair of T’s.

What we don’t have:

QB, interior line, goal line back, TE, and CMC.

I think that Chuba can be an effective goal line back.  Admittedly he's not your prototypical power back, but he has some juice. I suspect that his play jumps with a higher quality line. 

12 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I think that Chuba can be an effective goal line back.  Admittedly he's not your prototypical power back, but he has some juice. I suspect that his play jumps with a higher quality line. 

Safe assumption on an improved line.

Chubba can do it.  I’d just rather have a bruiser type.  
One that when the 4th quarter comes, guys have to start making business decisions before they try to tackle.

15 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Safe assumption on an improved line.

Chubba can do it.  I’d just rather have a bruiser type.  
One that when the 4th quarter comes, guys have to start making business decisions before they try to tackle.

I will admit, I covet an AJ Dillon type. The Packers should get him involved early this weekend to counteract that 49ers run game.