• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It makes you get a chub when your coach has ‘a beautiful mind’

TheBigKat

1 hour ago, philit99 said:

Kyle Shanahan has been a genius for a long time. I remember when he used to hold Julio Jones on the sidelines for a play or two then keep running a 9 route over and over, on Bene Benwickere, he flat destroyed Benes career. Oh and Julio ended with 250 some receiving yards, not good times.

Didn't Julio get 300 yards that game? I never heard Bene's name again after that. He probably straight retired after that

2 hours ago, Icege said:

There's literally highlights of him doing so in post game reels.

The dude has sucked and hasn't shown us that he's going to turn it around next season, but the crying at this point by a bunch of grown folks is even more pathetic.

The only thing worse than crying over your team is crying over other people crying over your team.

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

He is brilliant because he knew his own play and that the defender was gonna hold?

To be fair, whether you think this clip represents a good example of it or not, it is pretty well accepted that Kyle Shanahan is an offensive genius.

And obviously, the reason why that's presented in this thread is to lament the fact that our head coach, well... isn't 😕

42 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Didn't Julio get 300 yards that game? I never heard Bene's name again after that. He probably straight retired after that

You are right it was over 300. There were so many things wrong with that game, I actually lost respect for Rivera, as he refused to bracket Jones. I suppose he wanted to teach Bene a lesson. Career destroyed was the lesson.

Edited by philit99

3 hours ago, Fox007 said:

And pointed it out to the ref in a breakdown even they could understand. Painted the mental picture so when he saw it live it was already a image that he's seen. 

He didn't say "he's gonna hold our guy" - that's Matt Rhule level of thinkin he did something.

Yeah, he said it football terminology but I am not seeing that as an example him being some John Nash of football.

I mean, if you look at some of his offenses, they show he is a very intelligent guy. This is just an odd example of proving that.

1 hour ago, jackson113 said:

Everyone knows Shanahan is a Chokey McChokeface....

I've sitting here thinking he is the same guy who could not generate enough offense to give the Falcons flailing defense a breather at any point while they were blowing a 28-3 lead in a Super Bowl.  And then, with about 4:00 to go and after a big play that put them on the Pats 22 with a first down, only need 3 to potentially seal the game despite having the 25 lead cut to 8, not being able to put a point on the board, even get a shot at making it a 2-score game, run off any clock, or even cause the Pats to drain their time outs.

I think the guy is brilliant, but brilliant coaches often outsmart themselves....especially on offense.

And not for nothing, he was 6-10 in his first year in San Fran.  His second year they were 4-12.  If he did that here, the Huddle would be besides itself wanting him run out of town.

If Rhule is reading this....his third year was 13-3 and a Super Bowl berth. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, he said it football terminology but I am not seeing that as an example him being some John Nash of football.

I mean, if you look at some of his offenses, they show he is a very intelligent guy. This is just an odd example of proving that.

personally im using it as more dump on Rhule

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1