• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A few answers from The Athletic's mailbag

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I predict Fitterer will indeed trade D.J. Moore

We could get a mid to late 1st round pick from a #1 WR needy team such as the Ravens, Chiefs, Patriots and Raiders

And it makes sense if you don't want to give up future picks or don't want to pass up on whoever they are targeting in the top ten. Moore is one of the few players on the team that should get a good return.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Just now, jayboogieman said:

And it makes sense if you don't want to give up future picks or don't want to pass up on whoever they are targeting in the top ten. Moore is one of the few players on the team that should get a good return.

keep in mind we've already re-signed Robby Anderson to a multi year deal. Re-signing D.J. long term will be pricey having 2 WR's making $15+ a year could be seen as a luxury for a sorry-ass team like we are. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, Snake said:

In other words strap in boys we are going to see the same poo show as last year. Also Tepper needs to know Rome burned because idiots were left in charge. 

Rome wasn't built in a hundred years. Most of us don't have that long.

He's a dumbass for saying that. We were knocking on the door as a franchise. 2 Superbowls in thirteen years. It was time to knock the door down an we retreat like cowards to bring college ball "culture" to the PROFESSIONAL Football league. Stupid plan from the start.

If Tepper wanted an expansion team he should have bought one. These fools chuckle because they say CAM has standards!? The community does too dufus! We don't need to be taken backwards to move forward that's a con. Some of us aren't easily conned, others are, he's playing that room obviously.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 1

37 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

We've been to the Superbowl twice in thirteen years. People don't know what they had in JR AND Marty, not many will agree with that though. From the looks of it the people may want that statue from JRs backyard to go into the circle of honor in a couple years because the trajectory of this clown show indicates long term doom unless someone gets a clue.

The bottom feeders of the NFL would love such success. Some of those bottom feeders have never even had a Cam Newton or Luke Kuechly.

We've been spoiled like I've been telling the whiners on this here site for years. 

Twice in 13 years? It’s twice in 20 years. Not sure what’s going on there.

And in the same time, the Jets were in the conference champs twice. So that’s literally a difference of one game consider the Panthers lost twice.

Sunce inception, the Jets made the playoffs 7 times, the Panthers 8, including after a 7-8-1 pathetic season.

Since inception our regular season winning record is 205-227-1.  The Jets are 187-246.

In reality we are the kings of the bottom feeders - the Lions, Texans, Browns, Raiders and Dolphins. But not much more.

The Jags are even more similar. In fact, the Jets and Jags resemble the Panthers’ history more than any other team in the NFL. Sorry to say.

But because we won our two championship games, they lost theirs, and went on to lose the super bowl…we are a much better franchise to them to where we can call THEM bottom feeders? Hardly.

I think you drastically overestimate how great this franchise is or has been. The Panthers are in the top of the bottom 20% of NFL teams all things considered.

I really wish people would stop the bias assuming this team is on the verge of being mediocre since inception and we just need that push when in reality it will take literally a dynasty of success for the Panthers to say that.

But I get it, we are fans and have shades on. All good.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I guess I am in the minority here, but I am re-signing Jackson and letting the 32 year old, much more expensive, luxury in Gilmore walk. I think Jackson still has a lot of potential and really took over a leadership role during training camp. A good coaching staff could get a lot out of him and he is still super young. Next, why in the world would Gilmore want to stay here and take a pay cut? Also, should allow you to re-sign Reddick. 

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

keep in mind we've already re-signed Robby Anderson to a multi year deal. Re-signing D.J. long term will be pricey having 2 WR's making $15+ a year could be seen as a luxury for a sorry-ass team like we are. 

Unless something drastic happens, Robby gets thrown out with Rhule IMO. Cut him and save 10+ million in 2023 with a new coaching staff coming in without ties to him. Think the contract was always structured so DJ can get paid following his 5th year option, while Robby can kick rocks and be replaced by Terrace/Shi. 

Trading DJ away gets us our best return outside of Burns, but still doesn't make sense long term unless we're blowing it up. 

5 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Rome wasn't built in a hundred years. Most of us don't have that long.

He's a dumbass for saying that. We were knocking on the door as a franchise. 2 Superbowls in thirteen years. It was time to knock the door down an we retreat like cowards to bring college ball "culture" to the PROFESSIONAL Football league. Stupid plan from the start.

If Tepper wanted an expansion team he should have bought one. These fools chuckle because they say CAM has standards!? The community does too dufus! We don't need to be taken backwards to move forward that's a con. Some of us aren't easily conned, others are, he's playing that room obviously.

Yeah we are in a FUBAR situation. Seriously we could have kept Rivera and had a slightly above average coach. Now we have a subpar HC who is a poor man's Rivera. 

14 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yeah we are in a FUBAR situation. Seriously we could have kept Rivera and had a slightly above average coach. Now we have a subpar HC who is a poor man's Rivera. 

A coward who's scared of going to a Hornets game.

You are a football coach! Wtf?! Balls dude.

Edited by rippadonn

4 hours ago, onmyown said:

Twice in 13 years? It’s twice in 20 years. Not sure what’s going on there.

And in the same time, the Jets were in the conference champs twice. So that’s literally a difference of one game consider the Panthers lost twice.

Sunce inception, the Jets made the playoffs 7 times, the Panthers 8, including after a 7-8-1 pathetic season.

Since inception our regular season winning record is 205-227-1.  The Jets are 187-246.

In reality we are the kings of the bottom feeders - the Lions, Texans, Browns, Raiders and Dolphins. But not much more.

The Jags are even more similar. In fact, the Jets and Jags resemble the Panthers’ history more than any other team in the NFL. Sorry to say.

But because we won our two championship games, they lost theirs, and went on to lose the super bowl…we are a much better franchise to them to where we can call THEM bottom feeders? Hardly.

I think you drastically overestimate how great this franchise is or has been. The Panthers are in the top of the bottom 20% of NFL teams all things considered.

I really wish people would stop the bias assuming this team is on the verge of being mediocre since inception and we just need that push when in reality it will take literally a dynasty of success for the Panthers to say that.

But I get it, we are fans and have shades on. All good.

2003 then 2015. It took KC 50yrs to get back.